Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Car people – please help me value my old car for selling locally!
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

About to put this up on the local facebook car selling page, but struggling to decide how much for.

53 plate Fiesta Zetec
    1.4l petrol
    127,000 miles
    Rattly alternator belt
    Passenger electric window doesn’t work
    Engine management light is on (duff emissions sensor the garage tell me, passed its MOT with it on)
    MOT until mid November
    It would have to be collected as it will be uninsured at midnight on Monday, but I need it to get back from the airport that day.

I’d be delighted with £400 and happy enough with £300, but I’ve no idea if that’s unreasonable?

andyl
    Free Member

£400, aim for £350?

Fun cars to drive though, take up rally cross with it instead?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Put it on for £400 ONO? Your price is the starting point.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks, I’m in the right sort of area then. Andyl, now there’s a thought…..

jota180
    Free Member

Gumtree is free and often produces a result too.

MartynS

Sounds like a fair price..

You may already know this but the car must either be taxed and insured or SORN
    So on Tuesday when the insurance has runout you need to have it off road and SORN or taxed and insured You can’t have it taxed but uninsured and on the road, or on your driveway. I think the fine is about £100 and it tends to happen automatically as all the systems are linked.

Drac

You can’t have it taxed but uninsured and on the road, or on your driveway.

You can have a SORN vehicle uninsured on your own property but not on a public highway.

MartynS

Drac,
    Your absolutely right. I wasn’t very clear.
    If the car remains taxed but uninsured you commit the offence regardless of where it’s parked.

so it’s either got to be SORN (and off the highway) or taxed AND insured.

It’s a pain…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

has mot ….

500 quid minimum easy.

300 quid is for spares or repairs teritory – ive got more for a car with a bent chassis and 2 months mot….. (all faults declared and it was trailered away)

how ever for 300 quid you’ll have a queue round the block in 5 minutes 😉

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

With MOT you’ll attract the bangernomics people who run a car for a year and then scrap. I’d gumtree at £500ovno and accept £400 minimum.

deluded
    Free Member

Sounds like a hammered job car 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Might as well be deluded 🙂

Already got rid of it (in principle) this morning to a local lad. £300 (it’ll need four new tyres by then end of the month) and collected off my driveway the evening the insurance expires. Happy enough with that given he’ll have the odd bit of work to do on it. Thanks all.

SORN I can do online.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Car people – please help me value my old car for selling locally!’ is closed to new replies.