Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Car Mats – where do you buy yours?
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

If your car didn’t come with them, where do you buy your car mats? Shed loads of companies but thought I’d check here for any suggestions over and above any others. I don’t want to spend £100 from VW.

Ta

robbo1234biking

I have used these a couple of times and are pretty good. Fit the car well and seem hard wearing durable. Double thickness on driver heel area as well which helps. You can choose many different options and a lot cheaper than OEM!

https://www.carmats4u.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3onD2eTL2AIVq7vtCh2d5AXiEAAYASAAEgJyWfD_BwE

hodgynd
    Free Member

We bought some for the missus’ X-Trail from this company and they have been excellent ..
    https://www.carmats-uk.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7dHSBRDEARIsAJhAHwiOgS1AHTlezL5KunFYTc54A_pKsdWD7xRGSL8Jau0sR7tvHWsswhsaAlT6EALw_wcB
    Edit..Beaten by a few seconds ..but that should give you a clue 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

The rather prosaic

Carmats.co.uk

Just ordered a new set an all.

Fitted 5mm rubber boot tray (for new shape partner. Goes right up and under the rear seats)

The rear foot well and front mats all fitted.

65 quid

Drac

Hmmm! I may have some spare VWs in the gargae you can have, can’t recall if I sent the back wiht the car or not, often get 2 sets.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Right I’ll head to those sites then.

Thanks Drac, it’s for a new’ish Passat Estate.

cyclistm
    Free Member

for new shape partner.

Sorry this made me laugh 😆

Drac

Golf Mk 7 they’ll be from I’ll look tomorrow, I’m not convinced i have them but there’s a slim chance i forgot to put them back in the boot.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bought some decent quality ones from our local b and m store as my new car ones were 70 quid. I had to do a little bit of Stanley knife and scissor work but they are bang on.

matt_outandabout

I bought heavy duty rubber mats from eBay. Best things ever – made of same material as Transit minibus floors. You can take them out and hose them down….for active, muddy family they have been perfect.

stevextc
    Free Member

If you’re not after anything too expensive then unbranded ones from cheaper car accessory stores will do the trick. Mine were incredibly affordable and have lasted me well so far

Yep weirdly enough I bought some interim Halfords ones.
    I’d planned on getting some OEM BMW ones but never got round to it…
    The drivers side is hammered … muddy shoes but to be fair its lasted really well for the price.

I’ll get a new set but I’m sorta glad I didn’t buy expensive ones as only industrial rubber would really stand up to driving home in my five tens.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I got some non branded industrial rubber ones for my focus from eBay. Tailor cut including the little clips in the floor to stop the driver one moving around.

They were £20.

They can also be hosed off. Much easier than vacuuming.

Got a matching boot mat for £15

Drac

Ah! Forgot to get back to you, looks like I sent them back in mats in the garage.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

No Probs, Drac.

I think I’m gonna go for a set off ebay for £25 and then not worry about abusing them over the next few years.

craigbroadbent
    Free Member

I can recommend Hitech. They sell on Ebay. Also supply the Merc and Nissan, so quality is good.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Bookmarked for later

chowsh
    Free Member

If anyone wants a set of rubber mats incl boot mat for a 5 series touring F11 you can have the ones sitting in my garage taking up space.
    Collect from West Oxfordshire or I get to West London/Reading for work.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Car Mats – where do you buy yours?’ is closed to new replies.