Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Car light board without needing to wire it up.
  • Mackem

Does this exist? Perhaps I dreamt it (it should exist). My google powers have failed.

It’s a light board for the car that I dont need to wire-up. You stick some sensors on the indicators and that controls the indicators on the board. Obviously the board would need some batteries.

I dont fancy trying to wire up the car myself. (A Meriva btw).

towzer

step 1: google scotchlocks
    step 2: (before puchasing step 1 results), scour internet and car manual to make sure that it is ok to use the scotchlocks bodge
    step 3: after 2 google to see if car already has a built in connector that you can plug into

ie in the old days get a lightboard, get a caravan socket and scotchlock the wires to the appropriate car wires and zippy clip it under car – did it twice on my cars, but I STRONGLY suggest making sure that it won’t todger all the modern car electics gizmos before doing it on a modern car, also that some cars have a hidden ready to go towsocket that you can use

edit – or get a fitter to fit just the wiring part ?

tthew

I remember seeing what you describe on a telly news program some years ago. Was a prize winning GCSE project IIRC.

So no, you didn’t dream it but it probably doesn’t exist.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You’d still need a load of wires and it’d not trigger the buzzer which is mandatory when you install the electrics.

Modern ECU’s don’t like wiring the extra bulbs in parralel, you can still get scotchblocks but they’re hatefull things and prone to failure, get a load of screw terminals and do it propperly. You can buy a relay kit for about £20, plus a bit of wire and a socket an you’ll be OK, just find the brake, reverse and indicator wires and run a fused 12V wire from the cigaret lighter socket.

I just went the whole hog and installed a towbar, the mechanical bits were quicker and easier than the electrics!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Car light board without needing to wire it up.’ is closed to new replies.