Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Car interior/boot liner??
  • dyls

Can anyone recommend me a good manufacturer of car boot/interior liners? Ideally I’d like something water proof that would cover the boot area and the seats (when down). The rubber ones on ebay only seem to do the boot only but I have seen some on there before that does the rear seats (when folded) as well.

amplebrew

We’ve a couple from hatchbag and they’re really great.

carlosg
    Free Member

Tarpaulin from B&Q under £10 , works for me anyway.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

+1 for Hatchbag. Have one for the BM Touring and its great. Go to hatchbag.co.UK and type in your model of car.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Been using a sub £10 tarpaulin for years and never had a wet or mucky seat yet.

P20

I’ve used a safebag for over a year. Not cheap, but superb. Has the benefit of being enclosed, so contents aren’t on display. http://www.roofbox.co.uk/safe-bag/

Gary_C

Another recommendation for hatchbag here.

They made me a custom one for my C-Max, as I use it with the rear seats removed, & the ones on the website are only listed for cars with the seats folded. Also specified it with the fold out flap that covers the bumper.

A well made product, that has done its job well over the last 3 years.

Northwind

Big blue tarp + a load of old carpet underlay for me, for that authentic “planning a murder” look.

dyls

thanks for the feedback guys, I think it was the hatchbag I saw on ebay – surprised a bit on their cost though.

spanners
    Free Member

Hatchbag – used it for years in 2 identical cars and then sold it on e bay for 50% of the initial purchase price.

Faultless but expensive compared to a tarp.

coatesy
    Free Member

Climatecovers.com, not got their bootliner, but seatcovers are excellent.

Macgyver

Lidl did one for about a fiver. Shaped like a big box, suckers and bungy cord to hold it on place – even had a zip on lid. Been great in my car. But whether they have any more in and when is anyones guess

z1ppy

dyls – Member
    thanks for the feedback guys, I think it was the hatchbag I saw on ebay – surprised a bit on their cost though.

My g/f hatchbag has been transfered from her old car to the new one (both focus’s) and is over 5 years old and still looks in great condition – quality costs.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve used a safebag for over a year. Not cheap, but superb. Has the benefit of being enclosed, so contents aren’t on display. http://www.roofbox.co.uk/safe-bag/

Same here. Very handy for chucking anything in the back of my ’03 Fiesta. I bought mine off someone on STW for £20, and doubt I would have got one otherwise as quite dear.

iainc

Have a google for Town and Country ones – they are about half the price of the ‘hatchbag’ ones and virtually identical. i bought a ‘universal estate’ one and use it in Cmax, Mondeo and 3 series tourer. All velcro fixings and very tough material

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Avoid velcroing direct to the car. It knackers the carpet material.

crazy-legs

I just use an old army poncho – basically a big camo pattern tarp. About £3 from an army surplus store, mine is 10 years old and still going strong.

Juts go to B&Q or similar and buy a big bit of tarpaulin.

mavisto
    Free Member

Got 2 of these from Halfrauds only last week.

Boot Liner

There were on a half price special offer so I bought 2. 1 is big enough for the hatch of my Focus and the other goes on the seats when they are folded down.

SamB
    Free Member

I use on of these in my Volvo estate:

http://www.mtb-direct.co.uk/cgi-bin/index.cgi?item=ITEM071229131813&sort=p_asc

Essentially a big tarp, but with eyelets and suckers to secure it to the inside of the car. It’s fairly big too, there’s enough leftover material to fold back over the bikes to protect the tailgate.

Dango
    Free Member

I use a piece of thick pond liner, it covers the rear seats when they are down and goes over the boot opening to stop bikes from making the bumper

Northwind

That Safebag looks like a good idea for anyone who never looks behind them, otherwise I can see it might have a drawback :mrgreen:

NikNak7890
    Free Member

I have a Hatchbag for my Skoda, and although not cheap, is fantastic quality and covers not only the floor but also all the way up to the windows.

+1 for Hatchbag 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

The major plus about hatchbags is that really well custom fitted – for something like a 3 series Touring, that’s a real bonus as it has awkward suspension strut intrusions and similar.

Just to bore the sh1t out of everyone, here’s mine – now straightened out the creases too (the material seems to soften a bit and mould to the car)!

I got the optional split seat bit and a bumper protector flap. Oh and the optional “boy in the boot” too…

MrGreedy

I have the one SamB recommended, and it’s absolutely perfect. £15 well spent IMO.

Pieface

Does the hatchbag have extra flaps to protect the passenger doors too?

I wouldn’t have thought it would be too difficult to make your own with pond liner or tarp.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Car interior/boot liner??’ is closed to new replies.