Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car Insurance – Telemetry, worth it? Anyone use it?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’m looking at car insurance, and it’s about £150 cheaper than normal insurance if I go for telemetry-based insurance.

Does anyone use this kind package?

Some of my immediate concerns are:

– I drive a lot
    – I drive in rush hour

Although:

– I drive sensibly
    – I don’t speed

Cheers

Ricks

scotroutes

My daughter has it – DriveXpert. Seems to work OK. No actual curfew but you do get low marks for certain times of day and for certain roads. Overall, she seems to be managing to get a score of around 80%. She’s only just passed her test so this was an ideal way of getting cheaper insurance. Don’t know what impact it’ll have on next years premiums though.

I don’t think the amount you drive is a problem. On the contrary, you’ll likely increase your average score by taking long, easy drives in the country!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Help a Luddite – I think I understand the concept – drive like a **** or at dangerous times (!!) and you get a lower score – but what do points make in this game? Do you have to pay a different amount each month based on your previous month or what?

scotroutes

Nah – you’ve already paid your years insurance. You’re promised future discounts based on a good score.

Personally, I’d make them compulsory for ALL drivers.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Mate of mine had one, reckoned it was useless. Tried driving like a saint, shit score. Drove normally with all the usual stuff that entails and got a better score. Go figure.

njee20
    Free Member

Insurance company can cancel your insurance if you’re found to be driving dangerously though (100mph+), then you have to declare that you’ve been declined insurance and all that hassle that comes with that.

Personally I wouldn’t do it, because, I’ll be honest, I may drive like a bit of tool very occasionally, and don’t wish to fear instant reprisal.

Won’t somebody think of the children, yes yes, I know.

for new drivers, fantastic idea. All new cars have to have boxes anyway imminently if not already, forget when it was coming in.

trail_rat
    Free Member

We have them on company pick ups.

I got put off the idea when i drove into town for 2 hrs on equatorial Guinea and got hauled up to country manager for going to Cameroon…….

For those that don’t know…. Equatorial Guinea is an island….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car Insurance – Telemetry, worth it? Anyone use it?’ is closed to new replies.