Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car insurance question
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Does the registered owner make a difference to the premium, for example would there be a difference in premium between the following scenarios:

A) owner is main policy holder and has a learner as a named driver

B) owner is learner, insured by other licenced driver with owner as named learner driver

It's a classic car btw

geoffj

The insurance should be in the name of the person that drives it the most.

Admiralable
    Free Member

The registered owner does make a difference. I could insure your car but I'd get charged more as I have less insurable interest in it with it not being my car. But Geoff is right the person who uses the car the most needs to have the insurance in their name too.

BUT where a young driver is on the policy it should always be done in the young drivers name as it will be classed as fronted otherwise and will invalidate your policy and could be classed as obtaining money by deception in the event of a claim.

emac65
    Free Member

We looked at all the options when insuring our son for his car(the legal ones that is)& the best one we found was one that had a tracker fitted to his car,which dropped the premium by 50%.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Both parties would drive the car regularly, the person with the full licence would be driving it most often. Do I understand that if the owner is also the policy holder it's the least costly option?

krag
    Free Member

Should be less with the owner as the policy holder as you have an insurable risk in their eyes, ie its your car so you've got more to lose.

As it's an old banger classic I'd give adrian flux a ring see what they can do, they did me a good deal on the shonky campervan.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Call an insurance company for a quote a few ways round. I usually find them very happy to switch stuff around and give you a few quotes, providing all are above board.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance question’ is closed to new replies.