Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car insurance. List of companies for quotes.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

As above really. I plan on spending tomorrow morning trying to get the cheapest possible quote. My requirements are pretty standard so planning on hitting the compare sites like Confused etc first, then Direct Line/Aviva etc.

Does anyone know of a good list of firms that I can work through? Or any obscure companies that you’ve had good quotes from in the past etc.

Thanks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ime the more obscure the company the worse the terms and customer service are.

I was forced down obscure insurance company route when i needed to insure a reasonably modified vehicle.

Never again – markerstudy insurance via adrian flux.

That said – admirals customer service following a non fault claim has been shocking , nothing at all like the service i recieved from co op insurance services (cis) during another non fault claim 10years ago.

Its become clear that you only realise the value of. Insurance when you actually need it – how do you measure the value without claiming though as price isnt a good indicator.

jambourgie
    Free Member

True, but tbh, I don’t plan on claiming, even if it’s nicked. I had the audacity to claim on my last policy when my van was burnt-out and so lost my NCB etc. I really just want the cheapest to stay legal for a year or so.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I didnt plan on claiming either …….

Only i was driven into and forced into a bus apparently that needs to go through my insurance first and be claimed back off the person that drove into me.

10 years ago i was rear ended by a corsa and forced through a wall…. Same story.

z1ppy

Ime the more obscure the company the worse the terms and customer service are.

+

I didnt plan on claiming either …….

+1, given up searching on confused & similar sites, as all that happens is the cheap insurance companies are really really rubbish & the rest spam/phone you every following year. Also once you get down to the nity gritty of a policy, and put on extra’s there quote become as expenive as everyone elses but without the service/support. Nowadays just tend to get quotes from AA, Admiral, Direct line, Aviva and always protect my NCB’s

jambourgie
    Free Member

Point taken chaps. Thanks.

jimw
    Free Member

privilege?

same company as Direct Line but for me usually quote a bit cheaper for similar cover every other year or so

I always phone around each year, swapping from three or four companies ( direct line, privilege, admiral,etc.) back and forth over the past few years. I personally don’t use comparison websites.

Sometimes car makes ‘own’ insurance can be cheap if offers on, even for second hand vehicles. Depends on cover needed I guess. I alway have to get class 1 use

the-muffin-man

Old skool I know but you could phone your local broker!

Most deal with all the major insurers.

DezB
    Free Member

I found The AA saved me a ton. But found them using Confused.com and it was undercut by someone else this year.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Google Compare has always beaten the prices offered by the other comparison sites for me and the wife.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance. List of companies for quotes.’ is closed to new replies.