Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car insurance in France – advice please
  • TomZesty
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m wanting to drive to France in a couple of weeks, going for about 10 days. Just wondered if any younger drivers on here (under 25) had driven abroad an how much this typically costs to insure. I’ve got no claims, costs me about £600 to insure my car. I know plenty of folks on here drive to the Alps frequently, so any info/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Tom

totalshell

congratulations… check your policy as your probably already insured.. we re all one happy family in the EU dont forget..

donsimon
    Free Member

we re all one happy family in the EU dont forget..

Except the financial institutions, and if an insurance co is a financial institution…
    Do you have a green card with your policy?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

A Green Card is not required by law to cross borders within the European Union and some other countries. This is because all EU countries and certain other countries comply with the first directive on motor insurance, which says that every insurance policy issued in the EU must provide the minimum insurance cover required by law in any other EU country.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Motorinsurance/DG_067624

jon1973
    Free Member

All the insurance companies I’ve ever been with include up to 60 days consecutive travel within the EU (in other words, it will cover you for a holiday, but not living abroad on a UK policy). Obviously check, but it’s more than likely you’re covered.

As an aside, it may be worth considering some sort of breakdown cover, that usually costs me about £50 for 2 weeks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance in France – advice please’ is closed to new replies.