Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Car Insurance
  • z1ppy

Got my policy renewal in 2 days, Kwik fit want to charge me £131 ontop ‘just’ to pay over 12 months, so their being dumped sharpish. Though TBH the premium price is only just above everyone elses.

I’ve tried the compare websites but their useless, as once you get past the general stuff and add in I want no voluntary excess & other bits & bobs, the prices change significantly (no option to do this on the compare website).

Has it come down to attrition, they simpy wear you down, so you’ll just pick some-one under written by RSA @ random, as they’re all much of a muchness?

trail_rat
    Free Member

No voluntary excess – isnt that like saying yep i plan to crash and will be claiming for any little thing ?

dr_adams
    Free Member

When you take it over a year, your insurance company get their money instantly and basically you are taking out a loan, so kwik fit get their £xxx that day and then you have a credit agreement with some 3rd party normally.
    Therefore what you should do is fine a nice 12 month interest free credit card and use that…

TheFlyingOx

Elephant 10 month bonus accelerator policies have always been the cheapest by far for me.

IanW
    Free Member

The strategy for companies using aggregators is to have low basic premium to position them at the top of search results but high additional services such instalments,amendments, cancelation fees etc thats how they offset the low initial price.
    Excess is the bit your choosing to self insure companies like you to have some, it reduces claim frequency.

Cheers
    🙂

z1ppy

No voluntary excess – isnt that like saying yep i plan to crash and will be claiming for any little thing ?

No, it’s a case that for an extra £30 on my policy, my insurance company will do what their paid for… pay out! £30 extra vs £250 voluntary excess, I pay the extra £30 cheers.
    In the last 8 year my windscreen claim in Jan is the only payout they’ve needed to do… shirely my record speaks for itself.
    IanW you speaks the truth about those comparison sites, there almost useless.

BTW I don’t want the cheapest, I want one of the ‘better’ companies to offer me a reasonable quote.. and it look like I going back to the AA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Car Insurance’ is closed to new replies.