Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Car hire- pick up at one airport, return at another (both UK)- any experience?
  • hopefiendboy

Has anyone done this (planning pick-up at Liverpool Airport, and returning in Edinburgh or Glasgow airport). Google search was not an instant success- anyone done this?

Cheers!

midlifecrashes

I’ve done it with Hertz, and it’s very hard to not find it on their website.

cp

all th car rental companies do it, just enter your pick up and drop off points in the search widget on any of the sites.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I’ve done it a few times, usually use Avis.

They charge more for a one way rental usually airport to airport is ideal as there are rental units there.

bi6al
    Free Member

done it with national/europcar picked up at bristol airport drove for four days and dropped at glasgow airport. no problems at all just costs more.

cxi
    Free Member

Hertz.co.uk – has a box to click for returning to a different location
    Avis.co.uk – has a link to click for returning to a different location
    Europcar.co.uk – has a box to untick for returning to a different location

Google doesn’t always have the answers 😉

jam-bo

Every time I’ve done a one way hire I’ve been given an absolute dog of a car. I think each depot uses it as am opportunity to pass on the shittest car they have…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I did it when it snowed a bit in Kent last year.

Drove my hire car to Manchester (as flight was canceled) and dropped it there.

Company paid so I have no idea how much it was.

Worst thing was driving a French car. I wasn’t sure what would stop me first, electrics or snow.

hopefiendboy

ach, admittedly I was a bit lazy with my initial search 😉

unklebuck
    Free Member

Did Heathrow to Birmingham with Europcar before Christmas beacause my flight back from Munich was cancelled.

Was done through their desk in terminal 1 on our company account, but I think they just classed it as a 1 day hire, even though I spent less than 2 hours in the car!

It wasn’t until I got to Heathrow that I realised how few options there were to get back to my own car. Public transport on that route would have taken over 3 hours.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I used HolidayAutos to go from heathrow to edinburgh. Booked online in advance. Turned out to be europcar. It didnt cost anymore than ususal. I got a brand new car – like o.1 miles on the clock mondeo.

The only downside was that I as moving house from London and used a bosx full of CDs / DVDs to keep the door open. It was nicked from right under my nose! Feckers!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Car hire- pick up at one airport, return at another (both UK)- any experience?’ is closed to new replies.