Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car extended warranties – Watranty Direct
  • ritchiearmstrong
    Free Member

Hiya

Does anyone have any experience with extended warranties with cars, in particular with Warranty Direct ?

I’m thinking about taking a policy out ?

Cheers in advance.

Ritchie

FuzzyWuzzy

Everything I read sounded like they were a waste of money, even the AA/RAC ones seemed to be actually carried out by charlatans. For every post I found of someone who had successfully got something paid for under extended warranty there were about 50 of people that got fobbed off with “wear and tear exclusion” type crap. So I didn’t bother, I guess in theory I should put the equivalent in a bank for a rainy day but bike stuff is so expensive…

jam-bo

Generally considered to not be worth the paper they are written on.

matt_outandabout

We got one with Warranty Direct 10+ years ago, ‘free’ with a car.
    It had multiple problems, and we had to fight the warranty people on every single one…
    I would not bother, buying a good, well looked after car would be far better investment IMO.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I work in the trade and in 20 years I’ve known them pay out under 10 times !!!
    The policy is worded so any investigation I.e stripping an engine or gear box or dash remove for wiring is all paid by the customer in the hope that they can claim it back . In 99% they send an engineer who declares poor servicing / lack of oil / customer abuse !!! I’ve spoke to most big warranty companies and I’ve even had them laugh when I’ve asked about the chances of paying out . If its free with a second hand car fine if its £20/£30 per month bank it your self .

ritchiearmstrong
    Free Member

Ok thanks for that guys. 😀

glupton1976
    Free Member

IF it’s an extension to the manufacturers own warranty then by all means go for it, but if it’s any of the other charlatans run away.

Or look at it like this – what is liable to go wrong with your car that will cost £500 and what are the chances of it actually going wrong.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car extended warranties – Watranty Direct’ is closed to new replies.