Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Car Dealer Question
  • flyingmonkeycorps

My better half wants to trade in her car. So far, so simple. Trouble is, she wants to trade it for something potentially cheaper – she has a TT, and wants to change to a MK4 Golf, possibly a V5. So how are dealers likely to respond to this kind of thing? Does it happen or will they just refuse?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Of course they will, dealers have to buy cars, selling one at the same time would be a bonus.
    That said if you buy from a VW dealer then they won’t sell Audi, so they will just pass it on ‘in group’, if you can find an Audi dealer with a golf then you will be in a much better position.
    Cheers.

flyingmonkeycorps

Ta very much 🙂

hora
    Free Member

TT easier to sell V5 abit niche and not bread and butter golf sales..and will be harder to sell…dealer will make out the opposite though, make out he’s doing you a favour as ‘all golfs are popular and your TT is an older less desirable shape now’.

Dealers will welcome optimum stock. Why not a 1.8T golf? Better IMO.

flyingmonkeycorps

Heh, probably true. Doesn’t have to be a V5, but I’m not letting her buy a 2.0 GTi and she doesn’t want another 1.8T… Might end up being a 130 TDi as well. For some reason she only wants a MK4 Golf and won’t even consider a Focus.

hora
    Free Member

I can see why- focus is fugly and mk4 looks better in everyway. Focus nails it comprehensively on the road though. Why I got one 😀

Avoid V6- I had 14mpg average as it sounded too nice 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

I think the MK4 is pretty fugly too TBH, but horses for courses an’ that!

hora
    Free Member

A3 TDI 3dr in black or grey? Old shape (04 onwards) looks classy tbh

flyingmonkeycorps

Nope, she hates A3s as well! MK4 Golf and nothing else… And tbf, as someone with no car who considered buying a 21yr old Micra I don’t think I can really argue!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Car Dealer Question’ is closed to new replies.