Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Car crushing after a serious R.T.A question?
  • suburbanreuben
    Free Member

A three lane road and the fact that half a dozen drivers managed to run over a pedestrian before they could stop suggests high speed.
    A body hit by 6 cars at high speed is going to be pretty unpleasant.

The engine bay/wheel arches could be full of all kinds of ‘bits’. Putting the car back to the state where it’s no longer a potential biohazard could mean dismantling everything in the engine bay, removing all the wheels and arches, removing the entire suspension and exhuast systems to be cleaned, inspected, replaced if necessary and reassembled.

That’s not going to be cheap.

Probably explains why all the following drivers failed to spot a body in the road, and they still can’t find all the bits…

Sandwich

These are the same companies who hand out £5k whiplash claims just to save the bother of investigating.

And the cost of instructing legal teams in the high court. Barristers don’t get out of bed for less than £2.5k and those refreshers aren’t cheap either.

pictonroad

I suppose it’s a good 8 years since I climbed around a scrappie and found cars covered in blood, in my head it was more recent.. 😥

Hate getting old. 😈

jambalaya
    Free Member

The issue here is replacement cost vs insurance payout. There is generally a pretty big gap. I’d be pretty hacked off if my car was scrapped and I was left with a big gap in value.

Murray

Which is why you buy gap insurance or go for a more expensive policy that covers the gap for n years. Sorry for the driver, it must have been terrible.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Car crushing after a serious R.T.A question?’ is closed to new replies.