Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cape Epic
  • funhover
    Free Member

I've just been offered the opportunity of going on the Cape Epic.

Family commitments and the like mean it'll take some serious negotiation to go but itlooks great.

Anyone been on it?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Not done this one but I'd jump at the chance if I was in your position. Did the Transalp this year and it was an amazing experience.

Do it.

Straightliner

Have done it the last two years but don't have entry for 2010. Singularly the best organised sporting event I've ever seen or been involved with, and all I can say is just do it.

Just get into the training straight away, the Epic's have been tough both years I've done it, and getting used to the heat after training through a European winter is particularly difficult. The event isn't particularly technical, but there is some good riding on the sections, but it also has a lot of fireroad/jeeptrack riding.

Enjoy!

funhover
    Free Member

Thanks

I'm in Oman for the forseeable future so the heat won't be a problem.

Apparently mr Armstrong may be on it

Chris_Cov_Cycles
    Free Member

Hi, I was lucky enough to ride it this year, didn't get an entry for 2010 either – it's awesome, planning to be back there in 2011.

Straightliner – stage 6 – Lebanon singletrack, good huh? ;0)

Chris

Straightliner

Lebanon singletrack is wonderful, and a highlight of 2008 and 2009. Just make sure you get away from the numpties who can't ride singletrack and brake all the way through it!

Chris, if you get in in 2011 make sure you give Rudi hell! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cape Epic’ is closed to new replies.