Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Canyon/YT cancellation process?
  • aroche
    Free Member

Just wondering with Canyon and YT bikes often taking several months from order to delivery, – are you free to cancel your order before payment (ie. prior to when the bike is ready to ship ship)?
    Just wondering, as I’d hate to shell out a few grand and find out a few months down the road that circumstances have changed, – eg. job loss or something.

euans2
    Free Member

You can cancel at any time, I’ve just cancelled my Canyon Strive CF order due to another 3-4 month delay, I’d already waited 3 and a half months. I don’t know about YT but canyon don’t take any money from you until just before the bike ships

orange_c
    Free Member

Are delays normal with Canyon? I have ordered a Nerve, was told it would ship week 40 (last week), then week 41 due to a ‘stock take’, now week 44. With no apology for the delay just a ‘it’ll be worth the wait’. I am hacked off already and worried about ongoing customer service if they can’t even get this bit right.

iolo
    Free Member

You could buy a bike today and lose your job next week.
    If you intend to buy a new bike just buy it.
    If you are unsure due financial inscurity, don’t buy it.

Klunk
    Free Member

Are delays normal with Canyon?

yes, apparently my wife’s bike is delayed another week due to a stock taking overrun at the factory this is after it been put back a month due to under estimating demand/being too busy.

aroche
    Free Member

“You could buy a bike today and lose your job next week.
    If you intend to buy a new bike just buy it.
    If you are unsure due financial inscurity, don’t buy it. “

I’m not particularly concerned about losing my job really, I’m just curious overall as to what the situation is.

godzilla
    Free Member

I just got a mail saying my Capra is a month early.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Just read the T&Cs before you order

M6TTF
    Free Member

I fancied a spectral and thought I might treat myself in February once my car was paid for. But given that the shipping is already showing may I don’t hold any hope for getting one

mulv1976
    Free Member

Inflite AL was due week 40, now end of week 41.

Haven’t heard a thing from canyon. Hopefully it’ll come next week but it’s putting me off a strive or spectral next year.

davidrussell
    Free Member

But given that the shipping is already showing may

wow. are they pedalling them over from china? thats some lead time and like you say even seeing that on their website will probably lead others to look elsewhere

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Ordered a Inflite Al 8.0S on 1st Sept. https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3619 Was 4 weeks shipping, then 6, now 8 – but they never tell you that, you have to call up after each deadline passes and no shipping notification comes. After a brief conversation on Twitter with them it seems they might not actually have the frames there yet. All a bit concerning really. Had shipping and bike guard charges cancelled but still no closer to a bike it seems.

3 – 4 month wait in replies above is a bit worrying.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ultimateweevil – Member
    Just read the T&Cs before you order

What a strange idea, I thought people just ranted on the Internet about this stuff… I bet the have a crafty tick box to say you read them too

aroche
    Free Member

“What a strange idea, I thought people just ranted on the Internet about this stuff… I bet the have a crafty tick box to say you read them too”

Spirit of the law and letter of the law are two very different things. It’s good to get real world feedback on real customer service experience.

You must have a lot of time on your hands if you peruse over the legalese blurb on every T&C check-box that you tick.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You must have a lot of time on your hands if you peruse over the legalese blurb on every T&C check-box that you tick.

I check anything that’s important, contract tie ins, insurance conditions, low interest balance transfer CC’s or anything where I’m committing to something big – like mail ordering a bike I might wish to cancel. I’d trust that more than what happened to somebody else as generally people don’t tell the whole story. I guess it takes a little time but you would be mad to sign up to stuff without checking the key facts.

aroche
    Free Member

The two are not mutually exclusive. You can check Ts & Cs and also ask for peoples’ experiences. FWIW I did go ahead and order, and I did check the Ts & Cs. Ts and Cs say that you can return even after delivery as long as the bike shows no signs of having been used outside. It is useful however to get a feel for “real world” policy. eg. Some companies are difficult re. returns, others have are very straight forward as a matter of reputation. If I heard numerous stories of protracted delays in issuing refunds I would have reasonable cause to be weary.

The law in the EU is actually very clear as to an almost absolute right of revocation and return for Online purchases. This is due to the fact that you do not get to see and feel the goods as you would on the high street. With most companies pursuing your rights is quite straightforward, but unfortunately with others it can sometimes turn into a battle of attrition.

scaled
    Free Member

Some how, this has resulted in me ordering a Capra.

Good work lads.

aroche
    Free Member

Availability on Capras seems to be much better now. Some sizes in stock and a few weeks wait on most of the others.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Canyon/YT cancellation process?’ is closed to new replies.