Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canyon torque ex- Advice needed
  • jakeycornwall
    Free Member

Hi guys looking in to buying a Canyon Troque EX, can seem to find an awful lot about them im after a bike that rides well and can handle a lot but also that can climb pretty well….so im after some information about how good the bike is when it comes to climbing and descent?

Thanks

Jake

patriotpro
    Free Member

I can’t imagine it climbs well.

cazum
    Free Member

wouldn’t the strive be more up your street? or a enduro type the torque is a full on Down hill rig

cazum
    Free Member

forget that just checked it and the EX is classed as FR and enduro comes in just under 34lbs might not be the best climber but am sure it would get you up there

depending on which model you go for i just seen the 2.8k one is just under 32ibs and man thats quite alot of kit for your money! RS stealth dropper too!

Pridds

Mates got one and loves it. It’s pretty light for a 180 bike and its a winch up plummet down type of thing but it’s an awesome bike

jakeycornwall
    Free Member

Well that’s what i was thinking that being around 15.5kg setup its pretty heavy but because the Torque Ex is more of an enduro type of bike as the Torque FRX is more of a DH rig. I know that the FRX don’t climb well but the EX seems a bit different Geometry so its hard to decide ive been riding Lapierre zesty 314 and just want something with a bit more travel and more robust but that can climb well, also like the look of cane creek double air seems a really good piece of kit….another bike that is similar is specialized enduro evo but a bit too much money

Cheers

Jake

cazum
    Free Member

tbh you have me thinking about getting one for my next bike, currently running my rocky altitude 50 but with the upgrades -wheels, dropper, handlebars peddles its tipping the scales at 33lbs for 140mm of travel…. for the same weight i could get get the £2900 bike and its great spec (actually slightly lighter!)

jakeycornwall
    Free Member

Well that’s it it depends on what you want of course there are light XC bikes that climb extremely well but if you are planing on riding up hill and than riding hard down hill you need something a bit stronger with a bit of travel. With Canyon for the money you are getting a lot hence im considering it but i just want to know how it handles form someone that owns one

cazum
    Free Member

i hate the climbs up lol forcing myself to do them as a reward to enjoy the downs defo do more gravity based stuff so the extra travel would be great, its one more to add to the possible list, i really wanted the norco range killer b but they are sold out everywhere its supposed to be one of the best all round bikes 160mm of travel too! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canyon torque ex- Advice needed’ is closed to new replies.