Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon toque flashzone 2012 or YT tues alu 2012 HELP!!
  • bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

As above both similar price used if found two which take my fancy my old 224 has left the garage and time for a newer machine i know the specs on the canyon are unbeatable but read they are on the shorter side shorter than my old 224 even.

Any one own one of the above or ridden one? Im 6″3 and on the heavier side but both have come up trumps durability wise

jakehinton
    Free Member

Ive got a newer Canyon Torque and im very impressed with it if that helps at all. Cant imagine you could go wrong with either though really!

sharkattack

I’m 6’2″ on a large Tues and it’s on the short side but only by modern standards. It doesn’t feel cramped compared to my old 224 but I imagine it’s shorter than a lot of newer models. It’s a heavy beast at 41lbs.

Technically though, it’s a mint bike. Full Bos air shocks feel amazing. I had to take the plunge on some Hope brakes after some faulty Saints. It’s been out to Morzine four years in a row and I’m away again next week. Haven’t broken it yet.

If you’re on a budget and it’s for occasional use (in my case it’s summers abroad only these days) you’d be mad to buy anything else. Haven’t ridden the Torque. I did try to buy one twice but both times the delivery dates kept creeping backwards and it felt like it would never arrive.

This is mine,

p7rich
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ on a large Torque FRX. I love it and it kept me in one piece (and grinning) throughout 2 weeks in Whistler last year. No issues with it at all. Would recommend.

tall_martin

I’m 6″4 on a large canyon dhx. It’s brilliant!

BoardinBob

I’m 5’11 on a medium Torque. My trail bike is a large.

It does feel small but I much prefer that on a DH bike

The Torque is fantastic.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Thanks for the input lads, went with the canyon in the end looks like a new bike bought off original owner who fancied dh not for him and sat in garage even nobbles on tyres still!!! Very imperessed but i have a funny feeling the advertised large frame is actually a medium…

Tall martin what year do you have? And if a 2012 could you measure the tt from the centre of the top cap to the centre of the seatpost.

Mates had a ride on it and they all say it feels mega short for a L BUT the spec list is that good im not bothered about buying a different frame to swap components

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon toque flashzone 2012 or YT tues alu 2012 HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.