Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Canyon Strive Race – why the delay ?
  • pb2

Canyon’s 2015 range was launched in October with the usual razzmatazz and a statement that most of the bikes were ready to ship. From memory the Strive Race was going to be Nov or Dec 2014 and now its May 2015 ? The carbon fibre Dude fat bike is even worse, thats not available until June 2015.

Is this some sort of Microsoft style of spoiler ? You know promise the product today to stop people buying another brands stuff and then deliver when ever you get round to it.

I have no issues with a delivery of a new product slipping a bit in an attempt to get it “sorted” but 7/8/9 months is taking the you know what.

Anyone close to Canyon care to offer an opinion on the delays ??

drlex
    Free Member

Not just that model- seen a number of posts elsewhere relating repeated delays for all types of shortages – frames, new model Shimano hydraulics , even mudguards. Some people are getting accessories and/or shipping credited, but would probably rather have their delivery on time!

sbob
    Free Member

Anyone close to Canyon care to offer an opinion on the delays ??

I heard that the delays were due to an unprecedented amount of the bikes suffering from demonic possession, and what with every Catholic priest in the land being busy defending themselves of accusations of being a Charlie Chester there simply aren’t enough members of the cloth to deal with that number of exorcisms.

pb2

Thank you Sbob (are you Sir Bob ?) Keep taking the tablets and attending the therapy, I’m sure one day you will be better 😉

euans2
    Free Member

The reason I was given when my strive cf race was delayed was due to a delay in 3 major parts, they never said what the parts were, mines was supposed to arrive in week 39, it was delayed to week 1, I cancelled my order and bought a Spectral AL 8ex which was available straight away, and I have to say, it’s a fantastic bike and I don’t regret cancelling my order at all.

I was offered a set of shimano spd pedals which I would never of useds

pb2

Thanks Euan, do you pay up front or just prior to shipping ?

euans2
    Free Member

No worries, you pay on the day of shipping.

maff11
    Free Member

Hi ive ordered a strive race and originally it was showing a delivery date of week 16 but now ive been told that its week 1? im not holding my breath though but hopefully those of you that are waiting it looks as if its going to be early january 2015

poggs38
    Free Member

My Strive cf9.0 Race has just been delayed for the second time. I ordered it beginning of July and was given a delivery date of week 48. I then got notification of delay until week 2 due to problems obtaining 3 major components. Got compensated with a pair of XT trail pedals which was a result as they were what I planned to use. Delivery date then came back to week 50 (last week), just had notification of shortage of frame sets for my model, so now going to be week 6. Being compensated with a pair of Oakley Fuel Cell sunglasses, which for me is another touch as I need a new pair for next year. When I ordered the bike, I knew it was going to be a winter delivery, so a delay until mid Febuary is no big deal for me. It would only have sat up the shed with warranty running.

Stu661
    Free Member

Poggs38, what size did you order? Mine was first due week 39 then changed to week 1 which I can’t see happening.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Some very tolerant people…

Mine was supposed to be with me 2 weeks ago. On the day (more or less) it was due to ship I got a generic email with a rather non excuse stating there had been a production delay / that it would take another 4+ months. And this after a 3+ month wait.

Unlike some of the others above I wasn’t interested in being palmed off with free stuff I didnt actually need – I wanted the bike and I wanted a proper explanation. The whole experience had a distinct air of BS about it but I sent them a polite email specifically asking them to call me. To be honest, had someone from Canyon actually taken the trouble to get in touch with me and provided assurance they could have upheld the revised date I would probably have waited. As it was I waited a week and no contact. I just felt that I’d had my chain well and truly pulled so cancelled my order and bought another brand.

tomaso
    Free Member

So the week 7 or 9 currently advertised is tosh?

sbob
    Free Member

tomaso – Member

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!
    THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

maff11
    Free Member

I still havent heard anything off them but i ordered the Strive cf 9.0 team so im hoping that its going to be ok, but if everyone is cancelling their orders everyone else may get theirs earlier :D. Im not to bothered because I already own a Strive and trust me they are worth waiting for!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not close but just sounds like they sold more than they thought then were behind the curve on the orders for the OEM kit so ended up at the back of the line for that too. Victim of their own success and a decision not to stop taking orders?
    And if you have build kits but no frames some of that kit will end up on frames that the build hasn’t arrived for hence some orders getting really messed up.

tomaso
    Free Member

Z’website references precise orders of stock for an anticipate sales targets as part of their cost efficiency measures and core to their business plan.
    Hyping it up early and securing orders is probably also part of their plan.

boxelder

tomaso
    Free Member

Stop trying stir it up!

Strangely from looking yesterday it is now week 7 and 6 for a Strive Race 6.0 AL…

maff11
    Free Member

Anyone heard anything regarding their deliveries?

Stu661
    Free Member

Mine turned up on Christmas Eve after a 6 month wait so there are starting to ship now, it only took two and a half days to get to me.

maff11
    Free Member

What’s the strive like Stu661 or haven’t you had time to ride it yet? I read a bit of the review in what mountain bike and they weren’t to impressed with the shapeshifter they thought there was no need for it? They did also quibble about 200gram weight of it too? But that’s not gonna bother me 200g

maff11
    Free Member

Just to let everyone know that my Strive is in the post

AdeC
    Free Member

Hey Maff, thanks for the update. Which Strive did you order? First impressions?
    I’m still waiting for my CF 8 which was ordered on 2nd July. Canyon reckon delivery in week 5 2015.
    cheers

chestrockwell

So by the time people get their 2015 bike the 2016 ranges will be being released? Why not just buy another brands previous years stock at a big old reduction and save yourself the bother? Probably get real lbs back up then as well. 😉

Stu661
    Free Member

The bike feels very good and light, only four rides in but impressed with it. The geometry feels spot on, was concerned when the fit guide came back with a race small for me but the bike fits great and the race medium would have been a bit of a a stretch.It does carry a bit more speed over the rough stuff compared to my old Nomad but again I don’t think 650b is a huge improvement.

The shapeshifter works well, very easy to get in and out of. It’s hard to tell how much of a difference it makes, I wouldnt say it’s a game changer but I have not done any long sustained fire road climbs to tell if it makes climbing better, having a higher bb is nice on the tech singletrack stuff.

The quality of the frame is first class both inside and out and looks far better in real life than in the photos. Anyone who has ordered one will be more than happy with it. Value for money it’s great I was thinking about the new Nomad but for frame, forks and wheels and a few other bits I was going to be £4000, so managed to save a bit of cash for some component swaps.

skill77
    Free Member

I’ve got a Strive CF Race 8 on order. Just 1 day after sending them the cash 2 weeks before the delivery date (Wk2) I received an email telling me that it will be delayed to week 6 due to a shortage of framesets.

First question, did Canyon offer you the pedals and glasses as compensation or did you have to kick up a fuss first?

Second question, does anyone know if the week 6 delivery date is realistic or are we just going to get delayed again?

maff11
    Free Member

My Strive cf 9 team is coming tomorrow I ordered a medium race so I’m hoping its gonna be fine, I’m in Tignes at the moment snowboarding so I can’t try it out till next week i will post a review on here after I’ve ridden it

Stu661
    Free Member

I was offered pedals when I received the email saying mine was to be set back to week 1, they sent me a new order conformation with the pedals added.

Not sure anyone could answer your question about week 6 being realistic, you’ll just need to wait and see.

They are good bikes and great value, mine was worth the wait.

AdeC
    Free Member

You guys must be some of the first in the country to get your 2015 Strives. There’s a similar thread (canyon owners club) to this on Pinkbike and no one has received their bike yet.
    The availability on Canyon’s website changes a lot. The CF 8 was stating CW7 last night…now CW5

maff11
    Free Member

The Bike arrived on Wednesday haven’t ridden it yet but it looks the bomb

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Strive Race – why the delay ?’ is closed to new replies.