Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Canyon Strive owners, shapeshifter help needed!
  • ichabod
    Free Member

Hi, Just got a new Strive and am trying to figure out the shapeshifter if anyone can help.

The issue is that it seems impossible to get fully into XC mode while on the bike. I’ve put 15 Bar in (while in XC mode) and if I get off the bike and hold the lever when in DH it slowly goes into XC mode, takes a couple of seconds though. Is it meant to be this slow? If so how can you possibly do this while on the bike as it is only possible to un-weight the back end for a half second or so at a time which does not give anywhere near enough time for it to slowly move into XC mode?

The other thing I noticed is that a small part of the green indicator is still visible when in DH mode. It does not look like the shapeshifter can be compressed any more than it is. Is this normal?

Cheers

oysterkite
    Free Member

Nope it’s a pretty quick switch between the two modes, check your cable tension, it’s often the culprit

ads678

My mate just bought a strive and had some issues with the shapeshifter, but getting it into DH mode. He and another friend who has one also has a tiny bit of green showing when in DH mode.

Turned out the shock pump supplied with the bike was faulty and he couldn’t get it pumped up correctly.

Tried a different shock pump and it now works fine. Like I say though he still has a very small amount of green showing in DH mode but it returns to XC mode quicker than yours by the sounds of it.

ichabod
    Free Member

Cheers I will have a play with the cable tension later. Yeah its tricky to know for sure if the pressure is correct. The shock pump seems to work fine on the shock and forks but its very hard to tell with the shapeshifter if it is losing any air as you disconnect the shock. Then of course there is no way to check without reconnecting the pump – which loses air anyway. A Schrodingers cat scenario!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Strive owners, shapeshifter help needed!’ is closed to new replies.