Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • canyon strive
  • nobbyq
    Free Member

is it slack enough ?? I’ve got a spectral and thinking of buying a strive for alps trips etc , what do u owners think ? ta

nickdavies

Not that slack by modern standards. Capra is slacker, strive is longer. I don’t have a problem with mine – but I think there’s better out there at the moment.

Having said that I’d be tempted to replace mine (and I have been) at current prices as mine is in need of a full rebuild and it’s getting on a bit now, but id happily ride a spectral down anything in the alps I ride on my strive, both very capable bikes.

My last one had some problems with the usual service, but they’re still good value and you can get the same crap service from the big boys.

nobbyq
    Free Member

yes the spectral is good just not at speed , feels too light/twitchy !

nickdavies

Slackset, 780mm bars and dual ply tyres…. depending on the fork length/wheel size an extra 10mm travel and it’ll be a different beast.

nobbyq
    Free Member

I’ve got offset bushes , extra 10mm on forks , helps but still not planted like the capra , i know its not same class though !

mark_rich
    Free Member

Going to fit a works components -1 Angleset in mine.
    It’s an external bottom cup so adds 13mm to a-c, similar to running a 170 fork, overall they say ends up -1.3 ish, can’t complain about handling on mine but this should improve it further. A few reviews I’ve read they said it was 2nd best to the capra but had it been slacker it could have been a different story.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘canyon strive’ is closed to new replies.