Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Canyon strive 2014 rear gear cable length
  • williams
    Free Member

Evening all, can someone with a 2014 strive (pre shapeshifter) help me out. I bought a secondhand frame and shock and am having trouble getting the length correct for outer casing on the rear gear cable. It’s the last segment that starts where the cable exits the frame under the bb and then runs along the chainstay to the rear derailleur. If someone could measure theirs and post the length on here it would be much appreciated as it has to be long enough to allow for suspension growth but not to long as it hangs down to far and could catch and an obstacle.

Regards

Simon

williams
    Free Member

Bump

nickdavies

Just take the air out of the shock and check it if you’re concerned? Mine just drops an inch or so below the bottom bracket, there isn’t really a lot of growth on the strive. Never even checked mine I just chop and fit it.

williams
    Free Member

Cheers nick. Did that to begin with and thought I’d got it loose enough only to find when the rear suspension compressed the rear derailleur would get pulled, but now think I may have gone to far the other way and it does hang down quite a lot.

Simon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Canyon strive 2014 rear gear cable length’ is closed to new replies.