Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Canyon Strive 2012 – when (any in Devon)?
  • dac1
    Free Member

I’m waiting on Canyon to launch their 2012 Strive. Anyone know when they might be available or even specs/prices?

My only concern is not being able to throw a leg over one to confirm sizing (and that they are as good as people say). Anyone have one in the Devon area that I might be able to take a look at? I should be a medium, would be interested to see any though.

Cheers

crundi
    Free Member

Hi dac1,

I’m not in Devon but I can tell you the Strive’s a great bike. With regards to sizing in my opinion the only thing you need to be aware of is the top tube length. I’m 5’10 and initially the Medium felt cramped to me, although I do have gibbon like arms!

When comparing the Strive to other 160mm/180mm All Mountain/Enduro bikes you’ll see a short cockpit with long wheelbase is par for the course (Alpine 160, Nuke Mega, Patriot). If you’re coming from a smaller travel XC bike they typically have a longer top-tube with a more stretched out geometry than these types of bikes.

On the trails the Strive can handle some pretty big stuff although its just as happy zipping along single track. The suspension feels very plush and yet supportive on the climbs, magic really. The Pro-pedals easy to reach and transforms the bike from trail light to down hill bump sucker.

Good luck with your decision.

dac1
    Free Member

Thanks crundi1, interesting stuff. I currently have a meta 5 medium. Looking at measurements the top tube and wheelbase of the meta are very similar to a small Strive. I won’t get too distracted by this as I feel the medium will be right with a shorter stem and more upright seat tube reducing the effective top tube length. Possibly.

dac1
    Free Member

2012 models are now on Canyon site. However, there seem to be some issues with using their site – slow loading/incomplete.

ventanarider
    Free Member

depends what model you want. some are not available until april!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Strive 2012 – when (any in Devon)?’ is closed to new replies.