Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • canyon spectral sizing help
  • jsm

I’m 1.82m / 5ft 11¾ in old money. According to the canyon site that means a medium size frame. I was thinking I’d be a large, but my inseam is 86.5, so their system says medium.

Has anyone sat on one recently, I hear the new models have longer top tubes. I’m currently riding a large meta am.

The diagram for the top tube measurement seems different to some other brands, making comparison tricky.

alanm
    Free Member

I am 1.78m 83cm inseam and they have me on a large strive CF if I change my height to 1.77m but keep rest of measurements the same it switches to a M

devash
    Free Member

Defiantly a large. I’m exactly the same height and the medium would be way too cramped for me, even with a 90mm stem.

jsm

just gone into the canyon, errors on the calculator, now it won’t work. typical.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Remember the spectral is now longer than last years model when getting the opinions of existing owners.

jsm

@devash, was that based on 2015 knowledge? fair point @bacondoublechee. I’ve emailed canyon as well.

devash
    Free Member

That was based on last year’s geometry actually.

Just had a look at the new geo for 2015 now and I think you could go either way depending on your preferences. I’d personally feel too cramped on a 597mm top tube and short stem (which these bikes are designed around) but a lot of 6ft guys on here ride mediums so maybe it would work for you.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’m almost identical in size to you, and I would say large. Thinking of ordering too

M6TTF
    Free Member

Looking at the TT Length to my current fuel ex, definitely a large. It still comes up shorter than the trek

phy7tes
    Free Member

I’m exactly the same measurements as you OP. Bought a Spectral in March this year, the online system also suggested medium for me, however I went for a large 29er and I’m very happy with the sizing. Wouldn’t want it any shorter.

switchback
    Free Member

TT lengths on Canyons are what they are – as i remember sizing of the spectral using canyons PPS is all based around inseam & seat tube length – sizes only seem to change when adjusting you inseam dimension

I’m 1.75m with 83cm inseam and have a medium spectral – when mine arrived considered swapping for a large to get more TT length but the 40mm increase in seat tube length wouldn’t have worked for me

Does seem to be errors on canyons website though some spectral 2015 models sill show last years 15mm shorter TT lengths you may want to give them a call to clarify

aroche
    Free Member

Also wondering about the spectral sizing, – online calculator has me on a Small at 171cm height and 78cm inseam.
    I currently ride a Medium Transition Bandit (known for being short), which is on the short side of top tube that I would go for. I’ve looked at a Capra sizing also, and managed to sit on one, YT sizing were recommending a Small which would have been way too small for sure.
    I’m wondering if Canyon have a similar penchant for recommending small sizes?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘canyon spectral sizing help’ is closed to new replies.