Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Canyon Spectral sizing?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Currently looking at the discounted Spectrals. Their sizing widget has me as a ‘small’. Seems reasonable as I’m 5’6″.

However –

The Small has a top tube of 566mm with a 50mm stem. Reach 405.
    Spectral Medium has a top tube of 596mm with a 50mm stem. Reach 430.

My Yeti 5 has a top tube of 576mm (S) with a 70mm stem.
    The 5010 I liked had a top tube of 598mm (M) with a 50mm stem. Reach 425.
    The Bird Aeris I demoed had a top tube of 620mm (M) with a 50mm stem. Reach 449.
    The Bird Aeris I tried first was the Small and felt too cramped and had a top tube of 600mm (M) with a 50mm stem. Reach 431.

I’ll have a chat with Canyon tomorrow but what are others riding size wise?

Thanks.

devash
    Free Member

Some Canyon bikes come up small. Its best to go on reach / stack / ETT compared to what you are comfortable riding now.

Leku
    Free Member

Spoke to Canyon and they said ‘go small’. Medium is aimed at 5’9″ and above.

fifeandy
    Free Member

The first Spectrals came up a bit short – i’m 5’9 and my Med feels a touch short, however I believe they stretched it a fraction for 2015 onwards.

At 5’6″ you may have a problem getting the seat post far enough down on a Med.

prettygreenparrot

the Spectral is ‘regular’ sized. I think you’ll want the small. I’m 176cm tall and the medium has a nice reach for me. 2015 model if I remember correctly. I think I’d have been OK with a small too as the medium doesn’t have the seat post out of the seat tube by more than a couple of cm for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Spectral sizing?’ is closed to new replies.