Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon Spectral Frame Spares
  • coppice
    Free Member

My friend had a stone caught in his tyre on his 2014 Canyon Spectral. The stone has worn a groove into the chainstay. The groove has now cracked so he needs a replacement. Since he bought the bike 2nd hand but lightly used Canyon are basically saying they cant do anything for him as he doesn’t have a receipt to prove he’s the original owner (It’s NOT a warranty claim). If he had a receipt they’d only replace the whole frame and the discount he got would depend on how old his current frame is. Either way they want 900-1000 for a replacement.

I’ve read on google that other people have managed to replace parts of frames but they may have been original owners. Does anyone else have any relevant experience with Canyon UK or Canyon Germany?

I certainly wouldn’t buy another frame off them if that is their attitude, especially when you can buy an Aeris frame for less. I’m not sure what else I can advise him to do except kick up a fuss on social media?

jimmy

(It’s NOT a warranty claim). If he had a receipt they’d only replace the whole frame and the discount he got would depend on how old his current frame is. Either way they want 900-1000 for a replacement.

are they clear its not a warranty claim?

dnchevy
    Free Member

So he rode the bike with a stone stuck in the tyre didn’t bother removing it then frame broke .so how do you work out this should be warranty and also warranty only applies to original owner

coppice
    Free Member

They’re clear its not a warranty claim. My guess is they only buy in frames and aren’t willing to split one, but people on pinkbike have managed to replace seat stays

richwak
    Free Member

Had a damaged rear stay n a strive and they did the same. New frame or nothing. This is the reason i will never buy anything from Canyn again. What kind of mtb company does not sell replacement stays?? A crap one i’d say. There attitude to customers is shocking, they seem to forget that we will need a new bike in the future and that they won’t get many repeat customers until they change their policies.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Coppice drop me an email (in profile) its a long shot but i may be able to help

coppice
    Free Member

I may have jumped the gun a little, my mate mentioned their crash replacement scheme so they may have just explained their policy. He needs to see what they offer him now the CRS has been ruled out but it still doesn’t sounds promising.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Spectral Frame Spares’ is closed to new replies.