Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon Spectral AL sizing
  • astrozombies
    Free Member

Any advice appreciated – I can’t decide whether to get a Medium or Large Canyon Spectral AL.

Very happy with the sizing of my current bike which is a Kona Taro 29er with 432mm reach, 635mm stack and 610mm effective top tube.

The medium Spectral has the same reach (430mm) but lower stack (608mm) and shorter effective TT (596mm), where as the large has longer reach (455mm) and effective TT (627mm).

Would be good to hear which size the spectral owners on this forum went for. I’m 180cm tall with 89cm inseam. It seems the sizing on the canyon website only takes in to account inseam and ignores the other measurements when recommending a size, with medium being recommended if I lower my measurement to 87mm.

euans2
    Free Member

I’m 179cm with an 84cm inseam, I went for a medium, im right on the line between medium and large. Anyone taller than me then I would say go for a large

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’m slightly taller with the same inside leg and I e gone for a large

skydragon
    Free Member

I’m the same height as you but with a 82cm inseam and went for a 2014 large, wouldn’t want it any smaller fwiw

chiefgrooveguru

The medium Spectral has the same reach (430mm) but lower stack (608mm) and shorter effective TT (596mm), where as the large has longer reach (455mm) and effective TT (627mm).

Equal reach but lower stack means the bike will be a bit shorter when standing (unless your current bike doesn’t allow you to have your bars low enough). The taller the stack, the longer the ETT for the length of bike. The slacker the seat angle, the longer the ETT for the reach.

It sounds like the medium is a little smaller but the large a lot bigger.

brickwizard
    Free Member

I entered all my sizes into the canyon web site and it came up with me to go for a small but I’ve always ridden medium sized bikes, bit scared to go for a small

astrozombies
    Free Member

Equal reach but lower stack means the bike will be a bit shorter when standing

Not sure I follow… Does a lower stack not just mean that the bars are lower, but same horizontal distance from the BB (as the reach is the same)? If so does it not mean that I would just have to reach down further in a standing position as the bars are lower?

plyphon
    Free Member

I’m a good 6 foot tall, 6.1″ if I puff my chest on a good day.

The canyon rep at the UK bike show other weekend said I would easily be a size large in the Spectral line.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Spectral AL sizing’ is closed to new replies.