Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone got a L or XL Canyon? (Sizing Help)
  • lennyhenry
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experience with Canyon L/ XL sizing?

Am looking to buy a Spectral in Large if it would be big enough or if not it would have to be an XL Spectral 29.

Have tried their size calculator and at 6’3 with a 35″ inseam I am being recommended a large frame, it also seems that I am right in the middle of their large size (adding 3cm to my measurements gives XL, minusing 3cm gives M).

I am riding an XL Commencal hard tail at the minute and was planning to go XL again but I’m guessing there is a fair difference between a L 650b and an XL 29er.

Anyone of a similar size riding an L/ XL Canyon and how does it size up?

I really want to avoid having a bike that is too small but obviously don’t want to buy an XL if I don’t need one

Thanks

nickdavies

I’m on a L 20″ strive and it’s a nice fit if a little short in the top tube.

32″ inseam, 6ft 1 and about 90kg if that helps. I’d ignore their calculator and work on measurements & geo – their calc told me I should be on a small.

At your size i’d be looking at the XL 29’r given the measurements personally but i’d prefer a roomier bike, a lot wouldn’t.

lennyhenry
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply, it’s a big help 🙂

I think the XL 29er seems the sensible choice as I’d rather have a roomier bike than a slightly cramped one, I think I’d also be running as short a stem as possible so the extra TT length would come in helpful.

My only hesitation is that I think I’d prefer the geometry and setup of the 650b version (slacker head angle and I like the looks of the 140mm travel with a 650b wheel rather than 130mm coupled with a 29″ wheel) but I’m trying to put that to one side and just get the best fit possible.

The difference between a L and XL also seems a lot bigger than the difference between the other sizes (S-M, M-L) according to their geometry chart which makes me think the XL may be aimed at really big riders, maybe 6’5+, and that the L should suit most bigger, but not exceptionally big, riders. The fact that a lot of their models are not available in XL may reinforce this, or maybe canyon just feel anyone needing an XL should be on a 29er.

I’ve dropped them an email to see if they have any recommendations but any other information about their sizing would be very helpful!

chris_db
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ with 31″ inside leg and running a NerveAM in L. It’s a perfect fit for me. I have the Reverb set with only 2cm of the tube showing. So a taller person could get away with a L.

I wouldn’t bother with their size calculator it told me I needed as XS!!!

At your size I’d go XL if possible due to your long legs. If you’re anywhere near me you’re welcome to have a sit on mine. Although the Spectral (vvvvv nice, want one) does look like the top tube is lower than the “old” NerveAM.

Chris

gamo
    Free Member

6’3″ with 34″ inside leg here on a large Nerve Al 29er, fit is great with a 90mm stem(size that came on it), I think the Spectral has a longer top tube though.

lucien

I’m 5′ 11″ and had a large Nerve XC (20 inches) – and have a long body/arms, so for me was a good fit. Came with a 10 cm stem on it, and found it perfect. Bought that size as previous bikes I had bought were a “large” size ie one down from the largest. Not sure what the TT was, but found the fit was great.

cheers_drive

29er hardtail in XL. I’m 6′ 3″, it’s the shortest TT out of my XL bikes.

lennyhenry
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info 🙂

Have bit the bullet and gone for the Spectral 29er in an XL, I can’t see it being too big for me, especially with a shorter stem and didn’t want to run the risk of a Large frame coming up small. At 19 I’m still told there’s an outside chance of me growing another centimetre or two as well so at least that should be covered too!

Just got the 4 month wait for delivery now :/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a L or XL Canyon? (Sizing Help)’ is closed to new replies.