Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Canyon Nerve 7.9
  • maico
    Free Member

Arrived yesterday. Well padded with no scratches or damage.
    For £1619 the spec is good apart from the Elixar 3 brakes which are being dropped kicked for XT !

Note the neat internal cable routing.

Reading the German mountain bike press I can’t help thinking the 9.9 version (Fox Fit, Marvic Crossmax) would of won the UK WMB ‘trail bike of the year’ if it had been available. It outscored the Giant Anthem in almost every category.

Painey
    Free Member

I’d have also been interested to see what the top spec one would have scored in that test. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the Giant but these look like great bikes with your typical Canyon, top notch spec.

One work of warning about the new bike though if my Canyon is anything to go by. Make sure all the pivot bolts are done up tightly. They have a habit of coming loose so you might want to threadlock them.

maico
    Free Member

I think the price category in the What Mountain Bike test was to wide. Better to have under and over £2k groupings.

In the higher category the all carbon Nerve CF 26er would have been the logical choice, rather than a blinged out version of the older Nerve AL model.

maico
    Free Member

Any suggestions for the cheapest place to pick up new XT brakes ?
    £85 each seems to be the going rate.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

That’s mint great bang for your buck.

davewilson634
    Free Member

Very nice looks like it will be worth every penny

maico
    Free Member

Looks like all the newish Canyon models are coming with bungs to enable internal dropper post cables.

maico
    Free Member

Had a couple of rides now and every thing works fine.
    The bike feels balanced, my weight well centred. The steering doesn’t push uphill or tuck on descents.It’s my first FS bike so I’m still learning a bit.
    The bikes quiet. The internal cables don’t bang and the clutch in the rear mech stops chain rattle.

The Fairy Godmother came overnight and fitted these

b45her
    Free Member

pretty bike the nerve 29er, one of the few wagon wheeler’s that doesn’t make me throw-up into my own mouth a little.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Reading the German mountain bike press I can’t help thinking the 9.9 version (Fox Fit, Marvic Crossmax) would of won the UK WMB ‘trail bike of the year’ if it had been available. It outscored the Giant Anthem in almost every category.

German Bike in German Bike test outscoring shock!

The fact that the Giant Anthem came second in the ‘Trail bike’ of the year test even though it is not a trail bike is quite a feat, shows how good it is and shows how poor many ‘Trail bikes’ are.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmmmm kinda tempted to buy one of these,..

maico
    Free Member

Short travel 29ers can be hammered

b45her
    Free Member

@nigelb001 strongly depends on what you see a trail bike as being, the WMB test seems to make out its a machine for bimbleing around trail centres on, to me a trail bike is something i would be happy to do an all day xc ride on or thrash around alpine bike parks for a week or two without it coming home in about 6 pieces, i certainly wouldn’t want an anthem for the later.

maico
    Free Member

Sterling is staging a mini rally against the Euro at the moment. Canyon set their prices daily depending on the exchange rate so now may not be a bad time to order. For example, a mid price bike like the Nerve AL 7.9 is £1609 today. Last month it was as high as £1679.

Your invoiced on the date the order was placed and pay just before shipping.
    If the Pound strengthened or the Euro weakened further, I would imagine you could negotiate the lower price on the day the payment is taken.

timidwheeler

Quick question, I have a nerve + on order and want to swap the brakes for XT. Did your bike come with all the clamps necessary to do that? From the photos it looks like they are all matchmakered onto a single clamp.

AlexSimon

Looks like two clamps in the photo to me timidwheeler!

number18
    Free Member

Looks good. My next bike ought to be a Canyon. I only didn’t with my current (and first full-sus) bike because Canyon don’t offer finance!

maico
    Free Member

timidwheeler, I took the Avid 3s off (currently for sale) and bolted the XT’s on. The SLX shifters remain on their separate clamps.
    You need a 180mm shimano front post to post mount too which comes with the correct length bolts. £8 from Merlin.

maico
    Free Member

What do unused 2013 spec. Elixir 3 normally sell for ? ?

postierich
    Free Member

My Avids on my Canyon are still working fine after 2 years of Lakeland riding and feel better than my blingy hopes M4 tech on my other bikes.

timidwheeler

My bad, different model. The one I was looking at comes with sram shifters. I should have looked harder at your photo. Cheers for replying.

maico
    Free Member

There’s a first ride review of the Nerve AL 9.9 in this months WMB comic.
    Scores a high 4.5 out of 5.
    The group test has the carbon Grand Canyon SLX. Same score, they loved it and could only criticize it on the stem length. The size medium comes with a 80mm Ritchey WCS and they wanted a 90mm !

Stedlocks
    Free Member

How has this been, now you’ve had it a while?

I’m close to pulling the trigger, but need to know how it rides!

Cheers :0)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve 7.9’ is closed to new replies.