Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Canyon got there sh!t together yet?
  • fuch
    Free Member

My 17 year old son has worked his butt off so is after a new bike and wants a strive but has all the bs on delivery times been sorted?

Guys/girls have they got yours to the door on time!

Thanks

jekkyl

*their

fuch
    Free Member

Why fanks…..so is that a yes or a no.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

My mate had one due for Feb delivery.. which became March and then May. None of these updates were offered voluntarily- he only found out when his shipping date had passed and he chased them..

Needless to say he picked up a Transition Patrol frame on Thursday.

Ace bikes but still very hit or miss

fuch
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback rockthreegozy…

joeegg
    Free Member

I looked at a couple of road bikes on their site and it was June/July delivery.

ade9933
    Free Member

Personally I would never order from them again. I cancelled my strive order after 3 – 4 months.

It’s not just that they had problems, everyone can have problems, it’s that they didn’t communicate, and I heard about people waiting 4 months just for replacement shape-shifters (which of course you can’t buy anywhere else).

For me this appalling attitude to customer service has put me off the brand completely. You need someone in your corner when you have problems not someone in another land completely ignoring you.

I count myself lucky that I found this out before the bike was actually shipped. There are tons of good bikes out there these days and for my money, I just don’t need the grief.

Good luck.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Rose are much betterer.

richwak
    Free Member

I’ve had a Strive since May last year and it was delivered on time. The bike is awesome but I wouldn’t recommend Canyon as a company. My shapeshifter broke 3 months ago and the new unit has only just been dispatched. Lets hope it doesn’t break. I have also managed to damage the seatstays and have enquired about cost of replacement. They do not offer replacement seatstays but I can buy a full frame instead!!!!! WTF? A mountain bike will get damaged and the damaged was caused by me BUT I expect to be able to replace something as simple as a seatstay. They assemble the bikes in their new factory so why don’t they just walk down there pick up some seatstays and post them to me and next time they order parts add an extra one on. Come on a mountain bike that you have to replace for such a simple problem.
    STAY AWAY!

redjon
    Free Member

Ordered a Spectral and got it 2 weeks before the estimated date. I suspect Strives are slightly more of an issue because of the problems they’ve had with shape shifter?????? I’m well happy with the bike and the service

oysterkite
    Free Member

I’ve had a few Canyons , took delivery of a Strive a couple of months back and it’s great, no problems as yet with the SS . I had a bit of a nightmare with the previous order which got ‘lost’ but they seem to be back on track . Don’t go for a model with sram rail wheels though, you can’t get replacement rims so pretty much a waste of chuffing time

carlphillips
    Free Member

my strive estimated delivery was for yesterday..
    no dispatch email so had to chase them, email response later that day said apologies “but it will be delayed by 1 week”….we’ll see about that..slightly worried it wont come given the amount of trouble they’ve had but unfortunately no other bikes really float my boat for the same price….

ScottChegg
    Free Member

With the terrible customer service, the fictional delivery dates and the warranty that may or may not be honoured, I think I’d be looking at another brand…

I tried to buy a Dude last year. When they actually looked in the warehouse and couldn’t find all the bits, I gave up.

Now they’ve gone up £500.

I’ll leave it, thanks

crispybacon
    Free Member

A member of our club had this experience with Canyon:

Had a nightmare with canyon, cancelled my order when they changed the delivery date for a third time to late Feb ( ordered in Aug) that caused theIr system to charge me for three bikes and two bike bells luckily fraud police contacted me in middle of night to tell me my bank account and overdraft had been emptied, it took canyon a week to investigate and reimburse me, it was a total night mare, I will never give them my bank details again. 🙁

bigwill
    Free Member

not had any dealings with canyon myself, but there is an admin on another forum that sent his bike in under warranty to get fixed, while it was at canyon uk the bike got pinched, you would think at this point canyon would say, really sorry heres a new bike, or full refund plus a few goodies to say sorry but no, they did nothing, he had to threaten legal action to get his money back. crazy but true story.

plyphon
    Free Member

not had any dealings with canyon myself, but there is an admin on another forum that sent his bike in under warranty to get fixed, while it was at canyon uk the bike got pinched, you would think at this point canyon would say, really sorry heres a new bike, or full refund plus a few goodies to say sorry but no, they did nothing, he had to threaten legal action to get his money back. crazy but true story.

really? if that happened that’s totally shitty. But I don’t believe it. They’ll have insurance that covers theft surely?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Always liked their road bikes and was planning on getting either an aeroad or Ultimate this summer (possibly from factory shop during road trip which would have avoided the delivery debacles) but the numerous negative reports on here have scotched that.

Feel like I’ve dodged a bullet rather than missed out.

yossarian
    Free Member

Sounds like some rubbish experiences for other people.

My 2p, for what it’s worth is this – ordered a carbon hardtail off them last summer. Came on the day they said it would. Had an issue with the rear mech hanger bolt (which is suspect was caused either in assembly by Canyon or by a bike shop I used for the first and last time). I emailed Canyon to get some advice and was a little surprised to get a phone call from them about 30 minutes later! I dropped the bike into their service centre in London, went for a coffee and an hour later everything had been sorted FOC.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

My commuter should finally turn up this week, 6 weeks after I placed the order. It was shown as “in stock”.

fuch
    Free Member

Blimey!!…that’s made my mind up then.

Thanks for all your input.

ashweee
    Free Member

I ordered a torque dhx about 4 weeks ago that was showing as in stock, turns out the parts weren’t in stock and the delivery was delayed a week. It’s due this week so fingers crossed it turns up.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If he is happy with a cheaper spec for the money, tell him to buy a Giant or a Nukrpeoof instead. Both companies offer good bikes that are cheaper than most other brands, both offer decent customer service.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a nerve in skydive blue about a month ago, taking advantage of the 10% off and free delivery (although £15 for cardboard box) ordered it on a Thursday, got a delivery schedule the following day with a 10 working days SLA, so was due latest Tuesday after Easter, Dhl delivered Thursday day before Easter, very happy

Quality bike for the money although bog for low price and wasn’t sure on sizing so went cheaper,
    Now the green and gold spectral is reduced to £2100 I wish I’d waited..

Since I’ve had an issue with a tyre rang the uk service desk. They asked me to email pictures which I did, no response yet after 7-8 days rubbish

djharrison
    Free Member

No….ive been waiting 5 months for some replacement parts which i can only get from Canyon. After numerous phone calls i’ve been told that they are in the post. Only for them not to appear a week later and a follow up call informs me that they are now out of stock. The bikes may be good value but there customer service is rubbish. i will be supporting my local bike shop when buying a new bike!

bedmaker

Despite being bought ‘in stock’ my Dude took over three weeks to arrive. No biggie, I was in no rush thankfully. It arrived with the wrong spare mech hanger.

Waiting to get it changed, communication utterly useless. Only after squawking on their facebook feed did they answer my messages.
    Their live chat facility on the website isn’t live, it is very dead.

I really, really hope there is never a real problem with the bike….

bigwill
    Free Member

Plyphon I dug up the old thread I as was part right but best get it accurate. it’s on hamsterly riders Facebook page, the guy sent his strive down to canyon for a warranty fix , his bike was stolen from canyon uk they initially offer him a replacement in 2 weeks, which he agrees to, but then the replacement doesn’t show and like many other customers, is given the no reply , delay , delay treatment, in the end he asks for a refund get limited response then has to get heavy with them having to quote consumer rights act etc, etc. canyon eventually came good and gave him a full refund with cost, but the whole thing took several weeks. If I had been in canyon customer service I think I would have bent over backward to sort this customer in light of the circumstances.

plyphon
    Free Member

yeah i see – nothing worse than slow shitting customer service in the internet age.

andyl
    Free Member

I don’t get the carbon frameset with monarch shock and reverb is £2500 but for £500 more you can get a full build with db inline and Fox 36 forks.

I guess the frameset price is jacked up to make the bikes look like amazing value for the difference.

wors

I have had excellent customer service from canyon, bike turned up on the date it said would, just the wrong colour. I would have taken either colour to be honest but thy offered me 10% free of charge accessoroies.

pb2

One word — NO

grantyboy
    Free Member

well I’ve been emailing both the UK and Germany contacts for a confirmed stock listing on a Strive Team CF for the past 6 weeks before I ordered, I’ve given up after email #5 and not a single response.

ogden
    Free Member

No no no. Terrible company wouldn’t go near them again regardless of how nice a bike they make

ogden
    Free Member

I managed to get a 2015 giant trance sx for a great price in the end so was a win win for me canceling the order

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

If you specifically want a Canyon you could always buy second hand and just avoid Canyon as a company.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i guess if you have a pool of bikes to use, either your own bikes or friends then buy a canyon, but if you only have one bike, buy elsewhere..

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

FFS, i’ve just been measuring up for some hope enduro wheels and turned the bike upside down, i am missing the base cap (underside plastic cover) and bolt on my slx shifter,

cant say i’ve ever lost one of these before, as they are normally screwed in and forgotten about, anyway I had a quick google and found a direct replacement spare on a site called sjs cycles £3.49 delivered.
    pretty lucky i guess as its clean, considering the state of my bike on the last few rides,
    I’ll email canyon but dont expect a response. I’ll update if i get one

carlphillips
    Free Member

Update on my Strive order…..

still not arrived…..

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Currently 4 weeks into a Warranty claim on a Spectral, TBF the comms has been pretty good and they arranged collection. They are now quoting another 6 weeks for a replacement frame.
    Probably wouldn’t buy another…

bigmick25
    Free Member

Bought two bikes from them , both arrived as promised and with no issues and yes I would buy from them again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Canyon got there sh!t together yet?’ is closed to new replies.