Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Canyon Dude Sizing Advice
  • phy7tes
    Free Member

I’m 5’11, the sizing calculator puts me on a medium. Did the same with the Spectral 29er I bought a few years ago and I went against their advice and bought a large, glad I did.

Anybody care to share what they bought and how they measure up?

stevied
    Free Member

My mate is 5’8″ and has just got a small. Fits him well.
    Great looking bike and really light.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Also interested in what size people have ordered, canyon saying i should order a small as I’m 5’9″ with a 31″ inside leg.. I thought id be a medium.
    The Geo on the site has some long top tubes which is a concern if i went for a Medium.
    And no change in standover height between the M and L..odd?
    C Top tube length S-569 M-605 L-642
    K Stand-over height S-761 M-781 L-781

phy7tes
    Free Member

I ended up getting a large and it’s absolutely spot on, slightly longer than the large Spectral 29er that I have (by 20mm) but feels totally normal even running a 60mm stem which I was expecting to swap out for a 40mm.

I’m 181cm tall with a 83cm inseam.

Goldigger, as long as you’re comfortable with the standover then I’d definitely go medium and just use a shorter stem if you think it’s too long. Bear in mind that the standover height is measured to the middle of the top tube, I’ve just measured mine and it drops down another 70mm or so to the lowest point where it meets the seat tube.

stephen131
    Free Member

180 cm here and on a medium, perfect fit . Also have a 2016 Stumpjumper and went large on that.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Thanks guys, was comparing the geo to my 5 and anthem..
    If you look at the geo for the M dude the saddle height is quoted as 688-792.
    Is there enough room to fit a reverb and have it fully extended without the saddle being to high?

peekay

I’m 5’11” and a bit lanky. I ride a medium.
    Where in the country are you? I’m sure someone may offer you a try for size.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m in Hemel Hertfordshire… Would be a great help if I can throw a leg over one before I buy

peekay

I’m Surrey Hills. If you are down this way then let me know

phy7tes
    Free Member

Is there enough room to fit a reverb and have it fully extended without the saddle being to high?

For me on the large yeah, just, with a 125mm reverb. There’s about 15mm of post showing.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Thanks peekay, I’ve got something coming up down in Guildford with work. But no idea when it’s going to be..
    Which model have you got? Bluto?

Could you do me a favour please and measure your stand over height in the middle of the top tube and also from the ground straight up to the top of the seat tube?
    And also the top tube length?
    For reference my M Anthem is 79cm stand over, top of seat tube is 75.5cm and top tube 56.5cm

peekay

I’ll get the tape measure out tomorrow

Goldigger
    Free Member

Thanks peekay.

Does anybody know what width the rear hub is? Can’t find anything on the site, but poking around the German sites I see a reference to a 142×12. Which can’t be correct.
    Pretty sure there DT Swiss big ride 197×12?

oysterkite
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 and on a medium, fits great (I’m also a medium on my Strive Race). Front hub is 150/15, rear 197/12

Goldigger
    Free Member

Took delivery of my Dude in a medium today. Ordered Sunday so impressed with the timescales.

Also impressed with the way it was packed and tools included to put the bars on etc.

Only thing needs doing Is a brake bleed as there to spongy.

Had a quick go round the block, surprised at the way it just keeps on rolling without pedalling..

Size wise I’d say the top tube is little higher than my other bikes, but reach rise with the 60mm stem it’s perfect. I imagine the small would be to cramped as I’m already pretty upright on the M.
    There’s also room for a reverb..

Last thing I’d want to do is put a longer stem on and slow the steering down.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Goldigger
    Free Member

Here’s me sitting on the bike in a messy kitchen.
    How does it look size wise?
    My nuts touch the top tube, so just wondering if the small would have been better.. but only 20mm shorter in standover height.
    I think the small would be to short in reach as you loose 36mm in the effective top tube.?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Anyone?
    Don’t want to ride it if I’d be better of with a small. 😥
    I’ve got 190mm of post showing, that’s the minimum for a reverb to fit.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That looks tight on your knackers!

But ultimately only you can tell if it’s too big. If it feels right while in the riding position then that’s the kicker. I’m slightly taller than you and ride a Large Fatboy; the medium was too damn short!

I would rather have a close shave on my undercarriage than feel wrong while riding.

Was it a Factory outlet bike? Can you return?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Yeah its a factory outlet bike, I’ve 30 days to return it…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’d be keeping it.

But that’s just me.

Get some better fitted strides, it’ll keep your plums at higher altitude. 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Dude Sizing Advice’ is closed to new replies.