Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Canyon "chat" feature
  • curto80
    Free Member

Thought I’d experiment with their chat feature to see if I could find out where my Nerve has got to. If you’re missing from your life a surreal Orwellian conversation that’s half with an auto-response machine and half with an actual person then this is the way to go. Of course the machine and the person give conflicting information so I’m none the wiser, except that it sounds like their warehouse move has totally forked everything up and they have no idea where they’ve got up to. If you are expecting a Canyon anytime soon don’t make any firm commitments for using it.

heff
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat. I have a Strive an order that is supposed to be shipped next week but I haven’t received the invoice to pay yet.
    I’ve been on to them twice on the chat. Initially they said that they were optimistic that it would be posted next week, and then yesterday they advised that i’d get an email with an updated dispatch date within 3 working days. What were you told?

curto80
    Free Member

On Monday they said it’d be dispatched this week.

On the chat feature yesterday the auto-text machine told me despatch would be next week but then I probed a bit and the real life person said no-one really knows but mid-November would be a fair bet. Not particularly happy given when I bought it the dispatch slot was quoted at between 5th and 10th October.

heff
    Free Member

Not ideal.

I only ordered mine when the site was put back online. They were showing as in stock for an hour or so, then changed to dispatch between the 19/10 – 23/10. Things must have gone badly wrong during the factory upgrade if there’s this many delays.

penster
    Free Member

Ordered my Spectral late August, the very first day 2016 MTB models were announced. Expected delivery was around end September. But then received a delay due to procurement of parts.

New ETA is a delay of 4 weeks, which means dispatch should be over the next week or so…but I do wonder if they’ll be able to meet this considering you guys.

I’ve contacted Canyon UK support once or twice, and they’ve been quite good with their responses and contact.

akira

Wife just cancelled her order, initially ordered two weeks before they moved and showed as in stock, bike didn’t arrive when it was supposed to then got caught up in the big move. Next date came and went the next date and so on. The only response you could get was it’s on the list and should go out next week then the same thing again when it inevitably didn’t turn up. Lack of communication more of an issue than the delays tbh led to cancellation.

curto80
    Free Member

Just got revised invoice through.

New delivery date of late February next year. This for a bike that was meant to be despatched two weeks after originally ordered. It’s an end of line outgoing model ffs, how can they not have one for four months?!

Oh and they put the price back to full list price rather than the discounted sale price I thought i was buying it for. That bit is particularly classy.

Shambles.

tom.nash

LBS every time 🙂

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Orders bike from actual shop.
    Gets bike within a week.
    Goes for a ride.

curto80
    Free Member

You’re right. Cancel the internet, Canyon have proved it doesn’t work.

tom.nash

bullandbladder – Member
    Orders bike from actual shop.
    Gets bike within a week.
    Goes for a ride.

Warranty issue – ring LBS – LBS sort asap and only delay was with manufacturer who had to ship a part from the US. I know it is often cheaper to buy direct and the spec is undeniably better value BUT, when it goes wrong I have never been let down by the LBS but have heard and read lots of horror stories of Canyon and YT. I would probably trust CRC if I got a Sommet though.

hatter

The key difference is that if your LBS messes you about you can storm in there and have it out with them, this will always be in the back of their minds when dealing with you.

The customer care bod in an office somewhere, probably Germany.. not so much. “Ooooo you’re going to say something mean on a forum, we’ll sit here with our 3 month waiting list of people desperate to buy our super cheap bikes, we’ll be quaking in our boots honest”

Plus an LBS has more options to sort you out if things don’t go smoothly, lending you a demo bike, switching parts around etc.

You’re buying a Canyon/YT essentially because it’s cheap, the reason it’s cheap is because you have to wait for it and you get zero face to face support.

You pays yer money….

curto80
    Free Member

People order stuff on the internet, its generally cheaper than going to a shop because the overheads are lower, company delivers the stuff vaguely at the time they promised and at the price agreed. It’s how the World works these days.

My problem is not a function of my using an online retailer rather than an LBS. I use both with varying degrees of satisfaction. This is just really poor customer service to the extreme. Cheap or not, what kind of company tries to increase the price of the product that its already sold you between accepting the order and then sending the product? I don’t accept its somehow justifiable because Canyon can spec bikes better and cheaper than where there’s a middle man involved. The lesson is don’t buy from Canyon, not don’t buy online. I’ve never had this problem with Rose.

tom.nash

This is just really poor customer service to the extreme. Cheap or not, what kind of company tries to increase the price of the product that its already sold you between accepting the order and then sending the product?

I agree, but when they are selling in such bulk creating such a back order (income stream) what’s one or two grumpy customers.., they are still selling out. That’s the biggest reason the LBS still has a major place in the market imo.

hatter

what kind of company tries to increase the price of the product that its already sold you between accepting the order and then sending the product?

One that knows full well that you’re not going to march in there tomorrow and demand to know what you’re playing at.

I refer you to my original point.

People tend to be a much more helpful if there’s a chance they’ll encounter you face to face in the near future.

markshires
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a 2016 Canyon bike that has been shipped? or is everybody waiting on them?

curto80
    Free Member

Hatter mate, I hear you, but I don’t think this is LBS vs Online debate and I don’t want it to be. There are great LBSs and there are bad ones. There are great online retailers and there are bad ones. This thread started as a heads up to others that the Canyon warehouse move was causing some delays. What Canyon have subsequently done with my order is not typical of online retailers, it’s just shyte.

Incidentally I think I probably have a compensation claim under their Ts&Cs so whilst I take your point that I can’t go round there and moan to their face, its not true that can they can do whatever they like and there be no recourse. Well in theory at least :-/

penster
    Free Member

@markshires

When I spoke to Canyon about 2/3 weeks ago, they said that none of their 2016 models had shipped yet. However, I’m unsure if he was referring to just the MTBs.

I’ve also received a new order confirmation and the shipping date for my 2016 Spectral is in a couple of days…

yossarian
    Free Member

Sounds rubbish, nothing worse than getting excited about a new ride’s arrival only for it to not happen.

My experience of canyon is a bit different and I’ll post it not for balance, because it’s not right that people have been dicked about, but to show that this is maybe not universally how they operate.

I placed an order for a canyon in mid to late June. I got a delivery date of early July and the bike turned up one day before the EDD.

After riding it for a couple of months relatively small issue arose which was a result of how it had been assembled by canyon. I emailed them asking what they thought was best. 30 mins later I got a phone call from a mechanic at their London centre asking me to pack the bike up and they’d arrange a courier to pick it up. As it turned out it was easier just to drop it in to them in person which I did. The issue was fixed FOC in a couple of hours.

curto80
    Free Member

That’s good. They make nice bikes and there’s a lot of them around so there must be times when they get it right.

I got another email from them today apologising for the delays and saying most back orders should be cleared by the end of next week. I have no idea whether this supercedes the Feb delivery date or not. They’ve told me so many different things now that my brain hurts.

heff
    Free Member

Has anyone heard of a 2016 bike being shipped yet? I’m still waiting on an updated shipping date for a bike that was due to be sent last week.

akira

Canyon now delivering the bike we cancelled last week. I’m guessing they’re having a lot of people cancelling which will be interesting as apparently their system wasn’t letting them cancel orders last week.

penster
    Free Member

Another update to my order.

Received a 3rd order confirmation on Thursday saying delivery was now in January (back story: ordered August with ETA September. Then delayed to end October)

Contacted them and they said this email was a mistake and my dispatch should be ‘imminent’. Unfortunately he couldn’t or was unwilling to give me any information about whether any 2016 models had been shipped yet (I ordered mine on the very first day they were announced).

The UK staff don’t really seem to have a solid pipeline of information from Germany.

Received a proper email yesterday confirming that the latest ‘confirmation for Jan’ was a mistake.

They mentioned in there that over 10 000 orders had been affected. So you can imagine how busy they are.

markshires
    Free Member

I have one on order too, I had an expected date of next week. I heard nothing else from them, however after this thread not convinced it would happen, so gave them a call to confirm, and they said that it was still as planned and no delays were showing. That was Wednesday. On Friday, I was surprised to receive an email asking for payment as my bike was ready. Called them to pay the invoice but was told to respond to the ‘noreply’ email address that the invoice was sent from. I found this strange and queried it but they said it would be fine.

Anyway no email response came back, but Saturday morning I had the similar email, saying it was a mistake and over 10,000 orders were updated by mistake, it then goes on to say I should get an updated delivery date within the next 2 weeks.

It sounds to me when speaking to them that they haven’t got a clue what’s happening and when anything will be shipped. They also won’t say whether any 2016 bikes have been despatched, so that’s a no for me.

tom.nash
    markshires
    Free Member

Cheers for the link Tom, but that’s nearly a grand more expensive, than the one I’ve ordered.

curto80
    Free Member

Just an update: Canyon have now despatched my bike. The one i cancelled because it was taking too long and bought a Whyte 901 instead.

So now I have one more than I need.

Anyone want a Nerve 6.0 brand new and boxed?!

penster
    Free Member

Lol curto..that’s unfortunate. Did you ever speak to anybody over the phone during this saga?

I see your original delivery date was 5th – 10th October, and you ordered it around 20th of September is that right?

I ordered mine August 22nd, ETA was 20-26th September. Now, absolutely no idea when I’m due to receive. I’m beginning to believe the January date that was erroneously sent out to 10 000 orders wasn’t perhaps so erroneous after all..

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Canyon "chat" feature’ is closed to new replies.