Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon CF 7.0 – still the best VFM road bike at the moment?
  • dknwhy

Looking to buy a new road bike following the theft of my two last week. Can’t seem to better the spec or reviews of the Canyon.
    Anything else comparable around the £1400 mark? Any specials or discounted bikes anyone has seen?
    The Canyon is full carbon with shimano 105 and Mavic Ksyrium Equipe and i’m looking for a 54cm frame.

Not interested in a build or second hand btw…..

MSP

Generally I would say no, even discounting the quality of the kit, they are a bloody good frame, not many better. If you shop around you may pick up a bargain in the end of year sales, but I still think you would struggle to get better.

Kryton57

There’s three bikes in here worthy of consideration and in budget.

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/road_sale.php

Not to mention the “extras” you could get with the podium points – about £150 worth for £1000 spend IIRC

EDIT: only two in your size, but still the supersix is worth it over the canyon IMO

mrhoppy

Planet X RT58 at £1500 looks pretty handy.

dknwhy

In true STW style I went for something completely different. Canyon went up in price and are quoting August for delivery…
    Spotted that Westbrook have a Scott Addict R15 in my size for £1799. SOLD!

mboy
    Free Member

Giant TCR Composite 1 2012 in most sizes from Pauls Cycles is £1300 at the mo, down from £1800.

Ok the wheels aren’t as good as on the Canyon, but everything else is better.

If I had to buy a road bike for that kind of budget tomorrow, that’s where my money would go…

fatmax

I ordered one yesterday, when they were £1380 or thereabouts.
    Looked for ages (Planet-X, Ribble, Cannondale etc) and didn’t see anythng that could match it – though it was just what I wanted, even down to the 32t rear cog.
    I’m a lanky 6’5″ though, so nothing ever seems to come up in XL/XXL in the sales.
    Get it in two weeks and very excited…

fatmax

Bump, anyone out there riding one of these frames?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon CF 7.0 – still the best VFM road bike at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.