Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Canyon 29er arrived today!
  • emmodd
    Free Member

2012-09-10 19.19.13 by Dan Emery1, on Flickr][/url]

First foray into 29ers but felt great from the off aside from needing to move bars forward and saddle back on the rails. First impressions? It’s fast. Took it up to Greno woods for a quick spin and was really impressed. Will take it for a proper spin tomorrow night.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Nice! You’re not gonna stick with the flat pedals though right?

Taff
    Free Member

Need to clean the wall, trim your bush…

Nice Canyon, fancied one myself. How did you find the sizing? Do you think you should’ve gone up a size? Understand that Canton sizing is a tiny bit out for some people

Moda
    Free Member

I got a large and it’s a big bigger than my specialized epic. Put on a shorter stem, carbon Seatpost and Flat bars ad was very impressed… Forks are superb !!!

emmodd
    Free Member

No, waiting for new shoes to arrive. First foray into clipless pedals too.

Difficult to say tbh. Will probably put a lay back post on. I’ve a long body and short legs so may have struggled with a taller frame. I can see why some might have problems. Any taller than me (I’m 5ft 10) and I’d suggest a large.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Bars are too narrow

emmodd
    Free Member

700mm so not too bad. Marginally narrower than the Easton’s on my Yeti. Will see how I get on. Got a few upgrades in mind tbh.

Innes
    Free Member

looks good.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

700mm is wide for me for an XC bike! I like 780’s for downhill but anything wider than 640 for xc just seems really clumsy and cumbersome to me.

4ndyw
    Free Member

Very nice, exactly what i’m hoping to get in the new year. Is that the 2013 spec?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Canyon 29er arrived today!’ is closed to new replies.