Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cantilever brake pads?
  • Michael-B
    Free Member

Can someone recommend me some?

I have Shimano Deore LX Canti’s on my Pomino and the pads need replacing for the first time. A friend recommended Kool Stop but can seem to find any post type cantilever pads.

STATO
    Free Member

Im supprised your rims dont need replacing! i had some of those on-one LX canti’s and they wore my rim down quicker than the pad did, replaced them with those 4ZA Froggleg copies. They are great, so much better control/power, no idea what pads they are but kool stop are supposed to be good.

Michael-B
    Free Member

Yep finding aluminium shards from my rims after my first ride out on them was interesting. I cleaned my rims took the pads off checked (couldn’t see anything) put them back and they’ve been fine subsequently.

cmyk
    Free Member

i reckon you should try these:
    http://www.swissstop.ch/Cross.aspx

swiss stop pads on my road bike have transformed my ultegras.

Michael-B
    Free Member

They look good and they sell them at Chevin Cycles which is near me so might just get them.

Michael-B
    Free Member

Now I’m thinking Tektro CR520/CR720 / Frogglegs (adjustability over the 4ZA’s) and the SwissStop for ultimate stopping cantilever style. 🙂

I’ll just have to see if the bank account can handle it.

cmyk
    Free Member

report back on the results-i’d be interested!

grumm
    Free Member

Sorry to go slightly OT but Stato where did you get the 4ZA froggleg copies from and how much were they? Ta.

STATO
    Free Member

The thing i like about the frogglegs is the big chunky pad, compared to crappy v-brake ones on the others. The larger surface area of the v-pad just dosnt work with canti’s IMO, just dilutes the power. The newer frogglegs with road style pads look like a good compromise.

I got my 4ZA on e-bay, none there now but search for froggleg and there are loads of options, TRP are the same basically.

Michael-B
    Free Member
    grumm
    Free Member

Cheers – they are a little pricey for me at the mo though I think.

Michael-B
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice after reading other threads on here and internet searching I have just ordered myself some Tektro CR720 and the SwissStop Green pads. I’ll let you know how I get on.

JoB
    Free Member

the SwissStop Green pads are ace, wallet-cringingly expensive though, and they don’t last too long

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use kool stop pads on my frogglegs. Tried green swiss stops but to be honest I wasn’t that impressed with them for the money so went back to kool stops. The swiss stops didn’t last very long either. Braking wasn’t transformed either so not really worth the money in my opinion. I might give them a go on my road bike just to give them a second chance.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cantilever brake pads?’ is closed to new replies.