Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Can't wait to finally get out and ride (big thank you content).
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Not sure if this should be in the chat forum or here so here goes –

After possibly the hardest couple of years of my life and not going out riding at all in about 6 months things are finally coming together.

I really wanted to say thanks to everyone, over the year, for all the advice regarding jobs, engagements and more importantly dealing with my partner becoming ill and moving to a new area due to this.

Over the last few months me and Claire, as you know got engaged, and I finally secured my teaching position. At one point we stood to lose our house and were told we may never be able to have children. We’ve now had news this isn’t the case and, with the correct medication, we can after all try for a family.

During all of this I’ve not had the energy or desire to get the bike finished or getting out to ride.

Now there is light at the end of the tunnel and we can start trying to enjoy life again.

I’m finishing building the bike today, treat myself to some new pikes, and Claire has her last weekly hospital visit for a month. Sometimes my priorities were wrong and I’ve learnt a fair few lessons too.

So a big thank you to everyone who has given advice, or told me to man up, you really don’t know how much this site and keeping me occupied has meant to me.

Hopefully I’ll get out on the next pootle or meet up with a few local riders.

🙂

poonprice
    Free Member

Great to hear things are on the up 🙂 Happy biking..

nbt

Glad things are coming together for you. Maybe we’ll see you on a ride soon

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This wins the forum for the rest of the day at least!

🙂

xcgb
    Free Member

Great news Thanks for posting!

binners

Happy news for a Friday! YAY! 😀

Now get out there and ride that bike…..

jekkyl

Congratulations on getting a Job.
    Congratulations on getting engaged.
    Excellent news re: partners health & future parenthood… when are you getting started? 😉
    &
    Nice one at getting a bike together. You going out today immediately after finishing it? A new bike deserves a proper ride, f the rain, trail centre nearby?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

That’s exactly the pose one of the children did to me this morning in an intervention class ha.

Thanks everyone, I’ve tried to hide a lot over the year but just felt this needed saying.

Jekkyl I’ve got one more lesson/booster then home to build. Going to take Claire for a special day out tomorrow then hopefully a ride on Sunday. Always thought I’d be the strong one but for what Claire’s been through she’s blown me away.

beaker2135

Nice one, glad to here things have turned around
    Best wishes to you both

jamj1974

Brilliant, brilliant news for you!

stumpy01

Congratulations for all you’ve achieved!!

😀

Bunnyhop

Great news.

This is going to be your year 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Sometimes my priorities were wrong

They still are; we don’t really need all that other stuff, what bike are you getting and what wheel size is it?

😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha crikey!

Not a new bike but new to me. 26″ Meta AM. Finally has some proper forks.

RustyMac

Sometimes my priorities were wrong

They still are; we don’t really need all that other stuff, what bike are you getting and what wheel size is it?

Now now now, most importantly we need pictures… 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Here it is with the pikes on and rear mech sorted and just rear brake to fit. Pain in the ass internal routing.

Hopefully get it finished this week ready for an outing on Saturday.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Sweet…enjoy the thick mud, and congrats.in the life improvement 🙂

bearnecessities

Wall needs painting and an odd number of gravel stones; needs to be even.

Glad things are on up; good luck both 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Rented house mate, for me it would be painted.

I’ll count the stones tomorrow and sort if out for you 😉

stew1982
    Free Member

Congrats on some timely good news!

Must say the internal routing might be a pain, but it does make for an oh so neat looking build!

Bregante

odd number of gravel stones; needs to be even

Not to mention the variation in grade. Look at the size of that one by the rear wheel! 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha the big one just appeared one day. I’ve honest not seen it before June last year.

Meteorite I reckon.

lucien

Plugs in the end of your grips could do with some attention….

Thanks for restoring my faith in perseverance

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

That’s what I was meant to order!!! Cheers that’s been annoying me all night!

Scamper
    Free Member

Good news all round! How come you went from Slants to “proper forks?” 😀

Will be interested to hear how you get on, being new to AM ownership too.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I sold the slants in preparation for what we thought was happening. With things looking up and jobs secured I put the cash to the pikes. The mrs out some money too as an engagement present.

The last couple of weeks have been so positive we thought we’d treat ourselves. 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Can't wait to finally get out and ride (big thank you content).’ is closed to new replies.