Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can't make my mind up …….
  • guvuk2014
    Free Member

Hi

So like others in the market for a new bike, I currently have on order a yt capra pro, but it’s not going to be here this year.
    I’ve had a 26 and a 29er so trying the the 27.5. I want to go to trail centers like, Hamsterley, winlatter etc and up to Scotland , also want to try some enduro events and think I’ve been sucked in to the 160mm travel market .

So looking at other bikes , spectral, g150 , lapierre,nukeproof etc I’m struggling to choose as for value for money of the yt is unreal .

For those who’ve chosen whyte etc, what makes you pick there bikes over others out there ?

Would 130mm travel, handle an enduro event ?

Regards .

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Take a look at Rose Bikes. I have the 2013 Granite Chief in 26 inch flavour. Very good bike, the current one is 27.5. Great back up from Fin at Rose UK too.

arcadian
    Free Member

I’m in pretty much the same boat; been trying to choose between these ones:
    Canyon Spectral (looks good but not sure about the shapeshift thing)
    Bird Aeris
    Rose Uncle Jimbo
    Whyte G150 (not quite as good value as the above)

The YT bikes are all smaller in their biggest size then my BFe, which is probably a bit small for me as it is, so can’t really consider them.
    Waiting for the Rose one to have a final spec/price list released before choosing.

guvuk2014
    Free Member

Hoping rose release there new bikes soon so I can compare . I’ve got a canyon road bike, and tenre service has been fantastic, I was lucky to ride a same size so I new pre buying it would fit great, I wouldn’t have that luxury with a spectral or strive .

I like the idea of shape shift but is it more to go wrong and it hasn’t been truly tested by the public .

Lapieree have updated the zesty and spicy with pikes this year , that could be another contender .lol

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve just got a whye G150s

Reason I bought it as is still really good value but a UK company and designed in this country and they actually test them here and have loads of mud clearance etc.

Also free frame bearing replacements and 4 years on the frame is pretty good to me.

and last but not least it rides brilliantly, I work in a bike shop and am lucky enough get to ride lots of bikes and there is just something about certain brands that just seem to be able to build a bike that rides better than others despite the spec maybe being lower etc

benpinnick

If you’re interested in the Aeris, then check out the current issue of WMB…

junitrules
    Free Member

I emailed Rose to find out when the 2015 range is being released. They came back with Middle of October.

I am quite keen on the new Granite Chief – looks pretty nice.

Might persuade the wife to get a Ground Control for herself too

gonzy
    Free Member

a friend of mine is selling his 3 month old Lapierre SPicy Team. its at a real knock down price and will be getting the 2015 Ei fitted.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-lapierre-spicy-team

moshimonster
    Free Member

Do you guys not consider the big brands at all? I’ve always quite liked niche brands, but the current crop of big brand bikes are hard to ignore. What would be wrong with a Spesh Enduro for example?

junitrules
    Free Member

I am considering the big brands too, but I am also looking for value for money.

The niche brands like Rose, Canyon etc seem to have decent spec for a decent price.

To get the same spec on a big brand bike you tend to have to spend more, unless you get an end of season discount.

Plus, I also like the idea of having a bike that is different to the masses. Just my thoughts

moshimonster
    Free Member

Yeah Canyon look like great value, if you can actually get hold of one! But heard that they can be hard work if warranty work required etc. Agree big brands are more expensive, but not that much if you shop around and some good deals on 2014 bikes at the moment.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can't make my mind up …….’ is closed to new replies.