Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cant get into Amazon
  • u02sgb
    Free Member

When one of the leaders in Cloud computing can’t cope with the number of people accessing their website, what hope for the rest?

Jamie
    Free Member

Let me be the first to say it works fine here.

u02sgb
    Free Member

In now, was getting the “We’re sorry” an error occurred. Others in the office were getting the same. Was just really surprised at Amazon not being accessible.

u02sgb
    Free Member

Spoke too soon, down again (for me)!

DezB
    Free Member

Let me be the second to say it works fine here.

zippykona

We had a look and there is nothing worth having.

u02sgb
    Free Member

Seems to be intermittent on my connection. Feels like the Commonwealth games all over again :).

Cougar

Was it just me, or was STW down momentarily earlier this morning?

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve never had any problems getting on here, and I’ve been refreshing a lot! Sadly my internet isn’t fast enough to get the BF XBox360 deal I was after – clicked to buy as soon as it came up and still only made it onto the waitlist (and never made it off).

somouk
    Free Member

Yeah, I was just about to tweet them and it came back up. Thought I’d missed some black Friday mega deal. Maybe it’s hosted on the same server as Amazon?

Amazon is up for me…

martinhutch

It’s all rubbish today, TBH.

Actually, it was all rubbish all week, but some of it was rubbish I thought I wanted.

Jamie
    Free Member

That’ll be the rush for the Black Friday bargains in the STW Store:

gogg
    Free Member

Ah, if you bought yesterday, use your rights under the Distance Selling Regs to initiate a return and rebuy it at todays prices.

As for getting into the Amazon, use a floating plane???

[video]http://vimeo.com/46951183[/video]

sharkbait
    Free Member

John Lewis and Currys both deliberately limiting access to their sites (using software to put you in a queue). I’m guessing this is to make sure their servers don’t go down and also to heighten the anticipation of the [not very] special deals they’re doing.
    Would not surprise me if Amazon were doing something similar.
    I had a quick look this morning and there wasn’t anything I wanted coming up on the flash sales.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

try disabling javascript

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cant get into Amazon’ is closed to new replies.