Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • can't find a orange alpine 160 frame
  • funkypete551
    Free Member

ive been searching for a 18 inch orange alpine frame for a few days now and everyehere on the net is out of stock . does anyone have any idea where i can get one from and why its out of stock

br
    Free Member

Call local Orange dealer and order one?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

They are sold out of 2013 stock except 16″ size I understand.

There is a 18 ” one refurbed in classfieds (sprayed purple) a 2011 model I think.

R

Tracey
    funkypete551
    Free Member

i have phoned a number of orange dealers around the uk including bike scene all out of stock and orange itself are out of stock to not sure whats going on there

IA

not sure whats going on there

They sold all the frames they made?

LoCo
    Free Member

Give Sunset in Cardiff a call, Craig (from Sunset) is with me now and reckons they may have one or will be able to get one pretty quick 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

New design coming soon so maybe they’re not building any more?

colin27
    Free Member

Updated frame is due in the summer so there won’t be any more until then, according to my lbs.

richyb78
    Free Member

Anyone know/think the same applies for the Five? Got my eye on one but might wait for the 2014’s

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s almost as if its being redesigned…

Oh wait.

chestrockwell

I’d have thought the 5 will be getting the new shock mounts from the Five29 at the very least. It’s due a refresh for 2014 after no real changes for a couple of years.

richyb78
    Free Member

Indeed, i was thinking maybe shock mount, headtube, straight through cabling like the Five29 (and hopefully some new stickers) 🙂

wl
    Free Member

The folk at Orange are always super-helpful, so drop them a line maybe?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

if it’s like the proto Steve W was riding in Verbier, fancy multi-position-style shock mount and kinked rear end for heel clearance (so possibly wider axle format)?

johnellison
    Free Member

Give Sunset in Cardiff a call

This. Can’t recommend Sunset enough – I’ve had all my Oranges from them (four now!!). Really helpful and friendly, plus they do 0% finance. Everyone wins!

robbonzo
    Free Member

if it’s like the proto Steve W was riding in Verbier, fancy multi-position-style shock mount and kinked rear end for heel clearance (so possibly wider axle format)?

with a raised chainstay on the Alpine, I wouldn’t have thought heel clearance would be an issue? any other changes you saw?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Wheelsize…

Northwind

robbonzo – Member

with a raised chainstay on the Alpine, I wouldn’t have thought heel clearance would be an issue?

You should see the heel rub on my 224! Surprised it’s an issue but it must be for some folks.

The Five 29 is 142 isn’t it, would be nice to see that rolled out further.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Wheelsize…

I hope it stays 26″… but gets a bit lighter…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

It was 26″, noticeably kinked rear stays (fugly IMHO but people say that about oranges anyway) – I need heli tape to stop heel rub on my ’10 160 as I am slightly duck feet and that’s with a 135mm rear. Didn’t scrutinize it closely but only other obvious change was the main shock mount which looked drilled for multiple positions ala nicolai presumably to allow head angle changes.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s meant to be much lighter- thinner tube walls etc. Allegedly very close to the Five.

edd

There are three prototype 650b/ 27″ Alpines being tested at the moment. While this does not guarantee that the next Alpine will be 650b it is highly probable that it will be.

I would also be surprised if a 142 by 12mm rear end does not make an appearance.

dan45a
    Free Member

Out of curisoty does anyone have any links to a new alpine 160 with pics or just details? Ive tried googling and get nothing?

johnellison
    Free Member
    dan45a
    Free Member

Orange website just seems to show the current model.

I’m very interested as if they can make a 160 that can descend like the current one does but is lighter, so has abit more trail zip, thats an enduro weapon 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘can't find a orange alpine 160 frame’ is closed to new replies.