Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can't decide! new bike content!
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hay guys,

I am away serving in Afghanistan at the moment but have saved up enough for a new bike when I get back in March! I know I will get abuse for this but, I have decided that I want a 650B 150/160 ish travel full suss. I have narrowed it down to a few bikes, and thought I had settled on one, but am having reservations on certain things. Like is it silly to buy an expensive aluminium bike when carbon is now so accessible?

I have got it down too these bikes:

Knolly warden (alu, no carbon option)
    Pivot mach 6 Carbon
    Intense carbine 275 Carbon.

The knolly is what I am gravitating to but each has its plusses and minuses.

I’m interested to know your opinions,

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Knolly

beaker

Can’t help with the bike but if you’re in the south west of the country at the big base where its a bit chilly at the moment ping me an email and we can sort a brew out? Some sort of STW gathering without bikes!

tor5
    Free Member

I have a chilcotin. It’s ace. I guess the warden will ride the same way. Get it. Raw with pikes will look awesome 😉

crush83
    Free Member

Hi breaker, I’m at brize when I’m in the UK, in bastion at the moment but up for meeting up once I’m back!

Tor5, I was seriously considering a chilli untill the warden was announced in September, do you have any problems with it? How does it climb?

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Cant help shorten the list but have you seen this? Similar sort of bike to what your looking at. I’m hovering over the buy button just now. Optional upgrades of BOS fork and shock bring it to £2959.

http://www.orbea.com/gb-en/bicycles/rallon-x30

beaker

Hey Crush- I’m at your location. Ping me an email and we’ll get a brew organised. Email in profile.

tor5
    Free Member

@crush83 – It’s super confidence inspiring descending, the only “problem” I have with it is it makes me want to go faster than my talent will allow 😈 Personally, I think that’s a good thing though. It’s pretty good on the climbs. You’re not going to win any prizes, but it’ll get you up without too much fuss. Loads of traction.

I guess you’re speaking to John at Shorelines? Top guy, was very helpful, lent me the forks in the picture below because there weren’t any 2013 left and the 2014 weren’t out yet.

crush83
    Free Member

Yep, only been in touch through email but he has been very helpful. He said the warden is due for uk release at the end of March so gonna organize a test ride as soon as I can! Also got a day with Jedi in March. It’s gonna be a good month 🙂

Sui
    Free Member

Is anyone demo’ing Knolly’s, especially South East?

wrecker
    Free Member

I understand the carbine is a bit fragile. My lbs broke theirs. What about the devinci?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can't decide! new bike content!’ is closed to new replies.