Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can't bleed reverb dropper post
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Bit of a weird problem

The button on my reverb was a bit stiff – needing a lot of pressure to get it to work.
    So I thought I’d bleed it.
    Followed a video online (the BikeRadar one) which I’ve used before to bleed the same post with no problems.

Rotate the bike in the stand so the actuator end is higher than the saddle.
    Rotate the actuator so the bleed port is highest.
    Fill one syringe 3/4s of the way with the Rockshox fluid. Push it through a little to get rid of bubbles.
    Undo actuator grub screw and screw in syringe.
    Do the same at the saddle end, with an empty syringe that is fully depressed.
    Raise both syringes upwards

Now here’s the problem
    I can’t push the syringe with the fluid down – it’s solid. If I press hard some fluid starts to escape around the edge of the syringe nozzle. Pulling up on the empty/saddle syringe doesn’t help.

The syringe works fine when it’s not screwed in to the reverb – can push fluid out.

What could be the cause of this? Have tried it a few times, even undone everything and refollowed the video but still the same.

scc999

Don’t you have to make sure the speed adjuster is fully open/closed? (can’t remember which way – would guess open though!)

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, it set to as slow as possible

singlespeedstu

Sounds like the hose has a kink in it that’s stopping the fluid from flowing.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

It’s an external hose on it – have followed it all the way along and it seems fine.
    Made sure it wasn’t caught in the workstand clamp too

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

You’ve not got a hose lock on the bleed syringe hose have you?

singlespeedstu

Try disconecting the hose at the post end and see if you can push the fluid through.

nickc

That’s odd, I was bleeding my remote last night and had the same issue! I was going to start a thread as well…

JAG

set to as slow as possible

I’ve never bled a Reverb but I’d try setting it to “as fast as possible”

Not being smug – just worth trying 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

Is the ‘actuator’ the lever/button?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yes, accutaotr = button
    I took it to the bike shop round the corner. They spotted that the hose was coming away from the actuator/button so are going to sort that and bleed it for me

NickC – take a look at yours

nickc

Cheers, will do

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The little hose barb at the lever is bent…. Need to find a new one

aide

It took me ages to figure out that the hose was coming away at the seat side when i recently bleed my reverb, was doing my head in so maybe check this also nickc

nickc

well, did a proper bleed, and it was fine…just weirdly difficult when I was just doing the remote. Post works fine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can't bleed reverb dropper post’ is closed to new replies.