Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can't believe I'm asking this but…… iPhone 4 users……
  • Admiralable
    Free Member

What do you think of the phone?
    I’m due an upgrade and on the t-mobile iPhone plan equivelant to what I’m paying £45 I can get the 16gb phone for £29.

It comes with more than enough texts and minutes but only 750mb of data. Will this be enough? I only tend to use Facebook, Autosport, STW and my Gmail. In the last month on my N97 I’ve used about 300mb download and about 65mb upload so I’m guessing this will be about the same. But the iPhone is always connected isn’t it?

cp

yeah – that data will be plenty. iphone will only use data when you ask it to.

muggomagic

get it, and come join the flock…..Baaaaaaaa

Admiralable
    Free Member

its annoying cos I don’t like apple products and never have. After looking at a iPad and the store’s shocking customer service I really don’t want to but I know I will regret not trying it at least.

Now do i really need the apple care plan? Or can I get that at anytime during the warranty?

cpon
    Free Member

Practically perfect in everyway*

*When used with a case.

simon_g

It’s great. I was all set to spend my own money upgrading my 3G when work announced that was our new standard for company phones.

Has the best screen of any mobile device I’ve used, it’s fast, the touch interface works better than anything (yes, Android fanboys, including your phones), and there’s all the apps you could want. Out of the box I find them too slippery and prone to sliding off any surface that isn’t perfectly level, but that’s easily remedied with a case.

FWIW my data usage is under 200MB a month, but it’s on wifi when I’m at home.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ve had more dropped calls on my 4 than on my 3GS. The battery life and display are much better though.

Doesn’t feel as nice as the 3GS due to the flat sides but you can get free cases off apple which help.

DrJ

its annoying cos I don’t like apple products and never have

Can’t really understand this sentiment – surely you buy what you like, regardless of what other products you have liked? Why would that be “annoying”?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

From the sounds of what you use 750MB of data will be MORE THAN enough! just turn it off in between, people used to tend to have it running permanently in the background but you don’t need that .

Admiralable
    Free Member

Can’t really understand this sentiment – surely you buy what you like, regardless of what other products you have liked? Why would that be “annoying”?

All the other apple products I’ve tried I’ve not been that fussed about. Always found a cheaper and better product like with Mp3 players and things. But after trying the iPhone 4 I thought I HAVE to have one. Didn’t get on with Android and Nokia’s N8 is too far away to wait.

Ah well too late now it’s on its way for delivery in the morning!! YAY!!! CAN’T WAIT!!!!

Admiralable
    Free Member

From the sounds of what you use 750MB of data will be MORE THAN enough! just turn it off in between, people used to tend to have it running permanently in the background but you don’t need that .

Will it still update email or do I can I tell it to check every so often?

cp

you can tell it to check from a range of options, from push, through to fetch, through to manually checking every XX mins.

If switched on, and location services off, it will only use data when you tell it… i.e. checking email & internet use, or any app that uses data. it doesn’t just randomly connect and download data…

woody74

Not that much better than a 3GS but the camera and HD video are great. Shape isn’t as nice in the hand as the 3GS

Admiralable
    Free Member

are they as loud as iPods seem to be though through the headphones?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Any update Admiralable?

How did you get on?

Admiralable
    Free Member

I got the iPhone 4 🙂 And I’m ashamed to say that I love it. I’ll never diss Apple again. I now want a Macbook to go with it 🙂

Cougar

*When used with a case.

… which is free with your iPhone. There’s an app for that.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can't believe I'm asking this but…… iPhone 4 users……’ is closed to new replies.