Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can't believe I'm asking a tyre question. (Racing Ralph content)
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Currently running Nobby Nics 2.25 but I’m going tubless and about to order some Racing Ralphs.

Question is, do I go for 2.25 or 2.1? What are your experiences and the pros and cons between the two different sizes?

As always, thanks in advance.

Kryton57

A lot more grip for the 2.25. I wish they did a snakeskin though as it’d be an awesome all-round summer tyre. As it is, the thin sidewalls mean I only used mine for non – rocky events.

singletrackmind

Steve , I ‘think’ i have a pair of ust RR somewhere in my mess of a garage . Almost certain they are 2.1’s tho .
    I think i bought them and they refused to go the rim without excessive force, and once on the rim refused to get out of the well of the rim and up onto the shoulder .
    I can have a rummage if you want to give them a spin , sale or return like.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

A lot more grip for the 2.25. I wish they did a snakeskin though as it’d be an awesome all-round summer tyre.

Unless I’m mistaken they do do snakeskin in 2.1 and 2.25.

Will the grip difference between the two to make a huge difference?

gee
    Free Member

They do a Snakeskin in the 2.25, yes. Unless you are racing get the 2.25s as the extra grip/cushioning etc is well worth the little extra weight. Also the Snakeskin ones last a lot longer than the normal ones.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

They will be used for racing, but also for training in a non rocky environment. My NN in 2.25 seem massive too.

Edit; Link to next day tryres for 2.1 snakeskin. I will email them just to be sure.

br
    Free Member

RR for the rear, but even the 2.4 is a bit lacking in grip for the front – no matter how low the pressures went

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Now you confusing me.

Isn’t the RR made of cheese, even when tubeless?

DT78
    Free Member

If you are racing 2.1 would be fine, I’ve been using 2.1 Rocket Rons front and back for most races, in Jan’s gorrick enduro I was running a 2.1 Ralph on the rear and had some trouble with grip on the steeper muddy climbs. I would have struggled on some of the climbs today with a ralph rear.

For when it’s bone dry I’ve got a Furious Fred, silly low volume and almost slick. Fast though.

dobo
    Free Member

i raced today with a very worn 2.1 ralph on the rear and had a bit of a grip issue on both of them steep climbs. i’ve done them both before ok, they do roll real fast though and i had no grip problems anywhere else.

had a nightmare with chain offs though, that will teach me to tinker last minute.

steveo48
    Free Member

I’ve got both on different bikes. I prefer the Racing Ralph’s.

Kryton57

Mulletus Maximus – Member
    A lot more grip for the 2.25. I wish they did a snakeskin though as it’d be an awesome all-round summer tyre.

Unless I’m mistaken they do do snakeskin in 2.1 and 2.25.

Goddamit, indeed yes a 2.25, snakeskin and tubeless. Now I’m torn between leaving my worn Nic rear (that’s almost a ralph anyway I s’pose) on through the year or buying one of those…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can't believe I'm asking a tyre question. (Racing Ralph content)’ is closed to new replies.