Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • CANT BE ALLOWED SURELY?
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

I left at 9pm went to the pub to watch the football.

I come out my car has vanished!

Now i walked to the police station and asked where my car was?

He laughed and said i dont no has it been stolen to which i replied i dont know, i was in the pub.

He said he will call to see if it was removed or towed away.

He come back and said it was towed away because i parked in a disabled space!

I said i didnt realise it was a disabled space as it snowed 3 inches in like an hour and you couldnt see the floor lines also i have never been to that street before so i couldnt of known.

He said here is the number and address go see the people who took it, maybe they will understand.

I went to the place, they laughed at me and said how stupid it was that i didnt no it was a disabled place and should be more careful!

They then told me i have to pay them 240 euro for recovery and 150 euro to the police for a telling off!

I said are you joking after not being able to see the line markings and being at 9pm at night, even if there was no snow i wouldnt of thought it wouldnt of been a problem at 9pm (hardly busy).

They said they dont care and its a lesson for the foreiners!

Slammed the door in my face and told me to get the money or its 40 euro a day holding fee!

Now im not a small guy, actaully im 6ft 6 and weight a good 17 stone much of muscle. To say he was brave laughing and slamming the door in my face is an understatment as i have quite a short fuse.

I will pay this money maker and then return to beat the living crap out of him and his 'shed' from where he operates out of and laugh at it all whilst happening.

But seriosuly, can this be possible that they can tow me away for lines being hidden. Surely you must have to show that it was my fault by not obiding the law saying i cant park in a disabled space, which i couldnt see!?

help

nick

djglover
    Free Member

Minature violin?

Jamie
    Free Member

I know it is only 00:17, but i reckon this is the post of the day.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

try a chello

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

In the UK ignorance of the law is no excuse and I bet it was marked elsewhere such as on a pole as well.

Why do you think its OK after 9pm do people stop beig disabled after 9pm?

Were you in a disabled space?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

Aparently so, its parking ticketed area, from 7am-8pm so i thought 9pm would be fine?

as its a line of car spaces, i was unaware that it had disabled spaces there.

there were only poles saying pay and display but obviously in my countrys language (german)

if i knew it was disabled i would never of parked there…

rs
    Free Member

was there one of these 🙂

rs
    Free Member

wait, this one is better 😆

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

unfortunatly not, i would of kept driving past then 😉

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

lol loving the german sign, but im austrian 😉

alpin
    Free Member

To say he was brave laughing and slamming the door in my face is an understatment as i have quite a short fuse.

ahhh… the delights of teutonic 'customer service'. it's less about being nice and more about lots of little inner-victories that they can recant in the stübel the next day.

if they've taken your car away it's because they can.

what are you doing in Innsbruck? how do you rate it? trying to convince the GF it'd be a good place to live what with the hills all-round.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i met my gf in the canaries when i was working out there in the hotel we was both in.

she is studying at Innsbruck Uni and im working here.

Personally i love it! The people here are nice and have a good understanding of foreigners apart from the cocks in the car removal business lol..

The 'hills' are great! I look out of my window in the morning look up and i got a view of just mountains and snow!

Innsbruck is a very clean and busy city which is nice and reminds me a little of covent garden size wise. Its about 5k by 5k and everything is inside of this so its homely lol..

Places for riding are real good too.

I like it alot here, except the whole parking situation is very strict so if you get a place here make sure you have adequet parking on a drive or garage!

coffeeking
    Free Member

You're asking here about german parking laws?

druidh
    Free Member

AUSTRIAN!!!
    😀

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

no im asking if its possible in the uk that they can tow without a visible sign or lines?

alpin
    Free Member

make sure you have adequet parking on a drive or garage!

we don't have a car! wahey!

is there 'viel los' in town or is it a bit sleepy? lived on the Bavarian side of the alps for a year and loved it. want to get back down south again.

no im asking if its possible in the uk that they can tow without a visible sign or lines?

bit irrelevant, isn't it?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

na because id like to check out then if laws apply here too… well i will look into it anyhow now lol…

viel los = innsbruck = student city lol

loads of student partys and places to go.. cool place

rOcKeTdOg

you should have parked under that little golden roof you have there

i love innsbruck and seefeld

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Guess the guy wasn't intimidated by your size, perhaps that annoyed you more!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think the first mistake was watching football.

DezB
    Free Member

Pay the money, get your car back, then…
    "look out of my window in the morning look up and i got a view of just mountains and snow!"
    and smile.

br
    Free Member

Austrian! Ah the true Germans.

OT A few years ago I was working in Vienna and went out for dinner with the FD and the IT Manager. "Nice place" says I, "yes" says the FD, "we are in the 'Jewish' Quarter". "Ok" says I.

He looks at me straight, sand says "Do you have a Jewish problem in the UK?"

I was slightly taken aback…

coffeeking
    Free Member

AUSTRIAN

OK, fair point, I didn't check his profile and just went off the other posters 🙂

In the UK it's odd, different parts of the UK are different (england/scotland/wales). In England, on a council-run road they have to back up lines with signs that are visible from the location, and vice-versa – I have been let off a council parking ticket due to this (it's classed as ambiguity, consider the case where you park in an area with some double yellows but between two cars there appear to be none due to, it turns out later, re-instatement not re-laying the lines). I imagine you could argue the same if you were here. But you're not.

Assuming there were no signs, it's wholely unfair. If there were signs but you didn't read them then unfortunately it's your problem. Personally, if there were signs saying its a controlled parking zone I'd have parked up but then cleared some snow away to check it wasn't a restricted space, but I admit thats not exactly normal behaviour.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member
    Guess the guy wasn't intimidated by your size, perhaps that annoyed you more!

its not im a 'look at me im hard' type of person its the fact that he just didnt give a crap… i personally would think a little before laughing at jonah lomu!

i have just been back there to have a look, NO SIGNS and the road has been cleared and there is a disabled sign on the floor only, which is shit as last night the snow was immense so not really sure how i would of seen it.

well lesson learnt always park in a underground car park when snowing!

and to all of you who will be visiting here CHECK THE FLOOR NOT FOR A SIGN! LOL

Vienna people in my experience are a little funny i think lol maybe jealous they dont have nice mountains like us down here 😉

but seems to have a huge Turkish influence and turkish atmosphere everywhere…

down in innsbruck though doesnt seem to be so much…

well fitted my magura julies this morning so have to wait for snow to clear to have a go down nordkettern

N

TooTall
    Free Member

its not im a 'look at me im hard' type of person its the fact that he just didnt give a crap… i personally would think a little before laughing at jonah lomu!

For a big bloke, you certainly have a lot of Small Man Syndrome. Get over yourself you great wet jessie. I do my job – I don't care how short anyone is – it doesn't change the price of fish.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Well the snow's cleared for you now! I was up by Hungerburg last week and met two young guys on bikes who had built their own studded tyres and were doing pretty much the full downhill track (as far as I could work out). They did say their tyres weighed about 10kg each though…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘CANT BE ALLOWED SURELY?’ is closed to new replies.