Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger
  • Kryton57

Bump. I can’t believe no one on STW has an opinion about this… 😉 8)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hopefully everyone has realised what a waste of time 70mm of travel is…

ratherbeintobago

The US Trigger 2 has fixed 120mm travel instead of 120/70mm (with an X-Fusion pull shock rather than the DYAD one the EU 2 gets). Doesn’t Kona make a Magic Link bike that switches between 100/50mm travel?

Having said all this, the Trigger looks interesting, but I’m not sure I wouldn’t rather have a Scalpel 29er if I was looking for a ‘Dale FS trail bike.

Andy

Kryton57

And now that you’ve read Chipps review…?

I still want one.

rockhopper70

I’m Always doubtful about first look/press camp reviews. They never seem to mirror what is said in a full test, once away from the hospitality.
    Not in mbr anyway….

footflaps

Hopefully everyone has realised what a waste of time 70mm of travel is…

1/10 for Trolling, must try harder!

sofaking
    Free Member

shame its not a 29er with the same travel

BlobOnAStick

Meh. My bike’s already “Trigger’s Broom”……

mogrim

Nice, and any review that uses “thrutchy” can’t be all bad 🙂

julioflo
    Free Member

It looks lovely and is perhaps the pinnacle of mountain bike innovation right now, but i’d love it if Cannondale made an new version of the Rush (for when my ally one bites the dust). I can’t be doing with more stuff to maintain!
    Just imagine, up-to date carbon tech, carbon rear end, instead of twisty ally one, bolt through rear axle, 0.5° slacker, tiny bit shorter in the TT, neater cable routing……

shandcycles
    Free Member

why I struggle to get motivated by mountain bikes these days, summed up in one image:

w.t.f?

kimbers

what i like best is the 2 extra levers on the bars

i really dont have enough on mine

chipps

We’ll be interested to see how it gets on in a longer test. They’re not due out until October (and as mentioned, there is a 29er in the works too). If it seems like a project from a couple of years ago, then that’s because it is. It was still a great fun riding bike though…

julioflo
    Free Member

But what about the Rush – surely they are going to reinvent the xc singlepivot carbon machine one day…….
    (I know i’m repeating myself)

ashfanman
    Free Member

I can see the argument for travel adjust on a longer travel bike, but I just don’t see the point of a 70mm travel option when a sorted 120mm frame will climb plenty well enough – particularly with Propedal. Why add the weight, complexity and faff of a proprietary shock that is harder to set up? I’d much rather have a lighter and cheaper frame with an RP23.

Also, “over mountain”? Groan. 🙄

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger’ is closed to new replies.