• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by td75.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cannondale Trail 29er SS
  • td75
    Free Member

I bought one of these frames with the EBB on a whim and it’s been in the cupboard for months because I lost interest. I’ve been thinking of building it up. I have some hollow-tech 2 XT cranks, can I use these with the EBB bottom bracket and still adjust it? Also it has a 1.5 head tube, can I put a tapered suspension forks in the frame?

Anyone got one? I was wondering if there any good?

Inbred456
    Free Member

I have a trail 29er but not the single speed. Don’t know about the cranks but you can get a crane headset using their headset finder web page to adapt a tapered fork to the headtube. I use mine as a all terrain tourer. Bridleways singletrack 3ply tarmac and back roads. It’s perfect for this, if I was doing more gnarr stuff I would want a slacker head angle.

td75
    Free Member

I will be mostly using it for cross-country riding. Thanks for a heads up on the Cane Creek website, will go check it out.

cyclistm
    Free Member

From memory the chainset is a standard square taper so swapping for hollowtech 2 should be no problem. You’ll have to run it 1x as I don’t think there is a way to sort cable stops for the front mech.

td75
    Free Member

I bought it as frame and rigid fork only, I’m in the process of collecting the final bits to build it up. It’s a shame I can’t fit a front mech on the front. Luckly it did come with the rear mech hanger though.

cyclistm
    Free Member

You probably can, but it would be a bit of a bodge.

I just ran the rear cable as a full length outer

td75
    Free Member

Out of interest, how do they ride? Are they any good?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Yeah really great frame with World Cup heritage, albeit from the alloy days. I didn’t own one, but I converted one for a mate and a couple of other people I know also bought them and converted to gears.

td75
    Free Member

Awesome. Sounds like it’s worth progress with the build then.

Dickyboy

You’ll have to run it 1x as I don’t think there is a way to sort cable stops for the front mech.

Full cable & side swing type front mech is possible if not exactly a looker.

I have a cannondale flash alloy & used a cannondale kp205 headset to convert to tapered forks – the crown race was a too tight to fit but easy enough to cut a slot in that anyway

td75
    Free Member

Thanks Dickyboy, thats what I’m after. I will run it rigid in the winter, but I just fancied switching it out for a suspension fork for the summer. I’m definitely just going to just keep it 1×10. It keeps things simpler.

td75
    Free Member

Anybody done a lefty conversion on a Cannonade trail SL?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trail 29er SS’ is closed to new replies.