Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cannondale Solo Rigid on CX Bike
  • mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

Hi
    Has anyone ever seen a CX bike with Cannondale’s Lefty Rigid fork?
    I guess it doesn’t make much practical sense but I wonder how it would look?

JoB
    Free Member

it would look something like this

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

That looks better than I thought.

oliverracing

I guy around Witney/west oxfordshire runs a road bike with a travel reduced lefty as he used to suffer from achy wrists/hands. Apparently he stuck the lefty off his mtb on it to try it out and has never taken it off.

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

@ Oliverracing Pretty much like in the picture above then

oliverracing

Yeah, it does look odd running on a Specialized Roubaix with deep section road wheels though!

JoB
    Free Member

Cannondale used to do road and CX bikes with Headshoks

probably a big market for that kind of thing now

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

If makes 50% sense, unlimited mud clearance but a down side of notbeing able to swap wheels as quick. But if you are using it as an everyday bike mending punctures is made easy as you don’t need to remove the wheel. What about one of these? Click here

commander
    Free Member

I had one of those cannondale headshok’ed cross bikes, was fantastic. The whole thing was ace and that little bit of shock at the front (25mm!) Probably did very little but just made it feel Ace-er than others.

Its one of those bikes that leaves you wondering why you sold it

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

@ Lloydstevens I very tempted to get one of those and give it a try

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Fork off the Bad Boy is very stiff – not a nice ride quality

nemesis
    Free Member

CX bikes look fantastic – like road bikes with added GRRRRRR!. That lefty’d one doesn’t 😉

The one with the headshok though looks great. Surprised that Cannondale aren’t doing them again as it goes.

avdave2

The one with the headshok though looks great. Surprised that Cannondale aren’t doing them again as it goes.

I reckon a 29er with a headshock would make a great xc bike for a lot of people if it were reliable and low maintenance. It would probably be what I’d go for, just enough travel to give a bit more comfort and grip than rigid.

scotroutes

+1

I’ve bemoaned the lack of good quality, low travel forks on here already and the Lauf is currently the only other (and rather expensive) alternative.

nemesis
    Free Member

Well you could easily enough convert a standard headshok to shorter travel…

How about a 26″ frame with CX wheels – top tube length may be an issue of course but it’d be interesting to see what you could end up with.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

1.5 steerer might limit frame choice.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Solo Rigid on CX Bike’ is closed to new replies.