Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cannondale Rize headsets for tapered steerer forks
  • steve44
    Free Member

Somebody please help!
    I have a 2009 Cannondale rize 130 and I am trying to fit a 2012 Fox 32 140 rl fork with a tapered steerer. Does a headset exsist that can do this? Surely it cant be that weird a combination? Seen posts that suggest headsets for 1/18″ but none for 1.5″ tapered.

Thanks in advance

jonnyrockymountain

All you need to do is change the top part of the headset to accommodate the 11/8″ (I have an arcos one if interested that I used on my Cannondale prophet but only for 3 months so excellent cond £15 posted google them they are not cheap and very good quality)
    The bottom part should work with your existing 11/2″
    Email me at jonathantraverse@hotmail.co.uk

Simon

If you’ve currently got 1 1/8″ straight steerer forks you can get Hope top and bottom headsets separately. So just get a 1.5″ lower and use the existing top cup and bearing. Or if you current forks are 1.5″ steerer just get the top cup.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=70727

jonnyrockymountain

come on arcos are a lot better than hope!

Simon

No experience of Arcos, but the Hope Step Down in my Prophet has been faultless.

jonnyrockymountain

Sorry guys my spelling is s##t
    ACROS

Simon

No experience of Acros either 😉

steve44
    Free Member

If anyone reads this and needs a solution to the same problem I have found it!!

You need a KP205 from Qwerty cycles priced £42

Dropped straight in no problems

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Rize headsets for tapered steerer forks’ is closed to new replies.