Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cannondale Prophet Sizing
  • jamiebkc

I’ve always liked these and since getting a new job and moving to somewhere rockier than the South East I thought i’d hunt one out. I’m about 5’7″ on a good day and normally I’d just go small but I’ve heard these can come up short. My riding leans towards winch and pull more than mile crunching so I’d be using a 50mm stem rather than 70 odd which seems to be quite a common choice for these. Any advice on sizing?

Ta, Jamie.

Simon

I’m 5’9″ and ride a medium Prophet with inline post and 60mm stem. Sizing is spot on for me.

scottfitz
    Free Member

You will Medium, they come small your the same height as my mate and his is a great fit.

Simon

I reckon a small might be ok for you. Search out the geometry and compare the TT to other bikes you’ve ridden.

scottfitz
    Free Member

South East

Where if your near portsmouth you can come and ride mine.

jamiebkc

I’ve just moved from Kent to Bath, specialized bikes I usually go small bit they air on the longer side anyway.

shifter
    Free Member

5’10” on a medium. Used to run a layback and a 70, now in-line and 70 or 45 depending on mood.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I’m 5’8 and rode a large it turned out. Still loved it for it’s lightness and simplicity. Medium would probably be the way to go with a 50-80mm stem.

GEDA
    Free Member

I have a Prophet MX for sale, rare look at my magic beans type frame. I live in Sweden and it is in the UK. I have a normal Prophet here in Sweden and it is great. You can convert them to 650b and run tapered headsets so very flexible. I am 5.10 and ride a medium.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cannodale-prophet-mx-with-van-r-36s

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Ms AD is 5’4″ and rides a Small Prophet with a 90mm stem, you wouldnt want a small. Great bike though.

Kuco

I’m 5’7″ and use to ride a small Prophet with a 70mm stem.

z1ppy

love my prophet (assuming my HT 29er hasn’t spoilt me) but you can only run them as 650B’s in the XC setting (I asked about it), which is a waste of time IMHO of course, FR for the win!

Am wondering if 69er-ing it might be the answer

scottfitz
    Free Member

FR for the win!

I only put mine in XC ones, never again 😀

jamiebkc

Thanks for the offer GEDA but i’m looking for just a frame.

kilo

scottfitz – Member

FR for the win!

I only put mine in XC ones, never again

I’ve had mine for about two years and only put it on fr for the first time at Afan last week, what a transformation, much better bike in fr

Kuco

Always kept mine in the FR setting It never felt right to me in the XC setting.

Baldysquirt

I’m 5’7″ and have a small which fits me really well. The frame is currently hanging up in the garage (prophet 2 from 2009) and I’ve considered selling it on numerous occasions but never been sure. If you’re interested, give me a shout and I’ll reconsider its future.

hando
    Free Member

i’m about to split and sell a small prophet 2 frame if it’s of any interest

jamiebkc

Anyone selling a prophet frame hit me up with some photo’s and details at jamieridesbikes AT gmail DOT com, I am interested.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Prophet Sizing’ is closed to new replies.