Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cannondale prophet front mech issues
  • 247inheaven
    Free Member

Hi Singletrackers, in need of some guidance with my prophet front mech mounting. How do i do it?
    I purchased the frame off fleabay and came pretty much bare, no gear hanger etc, to fit the front mech i know it has to be a BB mounted. The cable guides/run on the frame indicate its a bottom pull mech i need, but there isnt a cable guide on the BB (the plastic thing) does anyone know where i can get a replacement for it? Or am i going about it the wrong way? cheers

z1ppy

It doesn’t need to be an E-type mech (BB mounted), there just the recommended type to use, you can fit a top swing one (with a bottom pull actuation).
    I’ll sort out the links to the threads discussing it (or you can search through the thread on the tag at the top).
    Thats more than a little crap of them removing the mech hanger and BB cable guide, as you’ll need both for it to be of any use. Have you tried email him about it?
    Seems extremely crap of the seller, unless it was mentioned in the sale description. I’d be asking for a partial refund for the parts with a view (threat) to returning the frame as it ‘not described’ correctly….

z1ppy
    247inheaven
    Free Member

Ah that’ s cool cheers z1ppy, but do you have any ideas where i can find the cable guide? or another way of mounting it without one?

carlphillips
    Free Member

i have an xtr and an xt e type front mechs for sale if you need them, sadly though my frame was also minus the plastic guide bit for the bb shell when i received mine (or you could have had it gratis, as im 1×9 now i have no need for the mechs, check my thread history and mail me if you want one.

247inheaven
    Free Member

Hi fatmuthahubbard, thank you for the offer but i have both a e type and normal mech its just the plastic bit. If you have that then I would happily buy it from you.

z1ppy

247IH, not off-hand though any cannondale dealer ‘should’ be able to supply one.
    Though I could have sworn I saw either a link to a generic one or happened upon it whilst browsing a number of websites for cable parts earlier in the week (no idea where it was though).
    Try posting another thread as about “BB cable guides”, and you may get someone who knows…

z1ppy

aha, thought I have a quick browse.. this is what I saw, no idea if it would fit or if it did, if it has the required lug that fits into the frame ‘notch’ (to stay in place), but it look generally like what you’d need..
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=NP09501

PinGlasgow
    Free Member

I have a spare 4 if you want one? I had the same problem when I got a prophet frame and they only came in packs of 5.

z1ppy

**** hell, packs of 5!
    Just looking at mine and it’s a completely different shape to the one I’ve linked to above.

Pinglasgow, if I could have a spare I’d appreciate it (obviously pay for it), as I do love to hoard spare parts… (you don’t have an email addy on your profile to email you)

richwales

I’ll buy a spare also pinglas if you’re wanting rid.

247inheaven
    Free Member

Hi pinglas…please email at matt_birkinshaw@hotmail.co.uk and i can send you the funds over. thanks everyone for all your help. Please keep this link updated if anyone finds a link to a bb cable guide.

carlosg
    Free Member

is it a single cable guide?
    http://www.cannondale-parts.de/BB-single-cable-guide

couldn’t see a double one

PinGlasgow
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the one carlosg seems very expensive from them.

Shirebikes
    Free Member

Pin Glasgow, Do you still have one? Im in desparate need of one!

Many Thanks
    Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale prophet front mech issues’ is closed to new replies.