Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cannondale OPI stem removal – No Ernie's available!
  • trialsguru
    Free Member

Is there anything else I can use to remove my OPI stem?

It seems that nowhere is selling the KT020 tool or Ernie tool at the moment!

I’ve emailed Cannondale but as yet no reply – before I hammer the thing off, is there anything else I can use?

thanks in advance!
    Pete

YoGrant
    Free Member

Is it the opi stem with the smooth top with no bolts, where the threaded steerer screws into the bottom? If so you just need a shimano bb tool to loosen and a rubber hammer to smack it up with after loosening the lefty clamp bolts.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Ignore me, it’s the other opi stem isn’t it?

trialsguru
    Free Member

nope, you’re correct.

so just a rubber mallet on the underside of the stem once the steerer is removed?

timbur
    Free Member

Slacked the threaded steerer a bit and then unwind the stem. It’s witch craft and trickery holding it together.
    The steerer is threaded into the stem so you can unwind the steerer entirely but I’d remove the handlebars first as they’ll fall off once undone iirc.
    Google an image and it’ll all become clear.
    (Edit) actually it won’t fall out as the stem is slighly reseeded into the steerer. I’ve only fettled one and forgot.

http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannondale-Lefty-OPI-Steerer-Only–Standard–KH078_p_503.html

Rorschach
    Free Member

No Ernie…..have you asked Burt?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale OPI stem removal – No Ernie's available!’ is closed to new replies.